Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Not the WSOP, but if you wanna sweat me... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=133505)

Stew 10-08-2004 02:20 AM

Not the WSOP, but if you wanna sweat me...

$5 11:00 PM EST NL tourney on Ultimate Bet.

We're down to 15 players and I just turned the nut straight against the chip leader to double-up and move in to fourth place.

AncientPC 10-08-2004 02:26 AM

Re: Not the WSOP, but if you wanna sweat me...

I'd sweat you but I can't figure out how to observe tourney tables on UBet. Anyway best of luck.

Terry Funk 10-08-2004 08:05 AM

Stew, why are you playing $5 tourney's. I thought you were good.

Stew 10-08-2004 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stew, why are you playing $5 tourney's. I thought you were good.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, b/c I play $5 tourney's means I'm not good? What does one have to do with the other is what I guess I'm asking. And I'm not saying I am good, I'm just saying what does one have to do with the other.

I see 1700 people in the $30 tourney on Party every night. Does that mean that they are all 6 times better than me?

Since I don't really know the point of your question, I don't know how to answer it.

gabyyyyy 10-08-2004 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, b/c I play $5 tourney's means I'm not good? What does one have to do with the other is what I guess I'm asking. And I'm not saying I am good, I'm just saying what does one have to do with the other.

I see 1700 people in the $30 tourney on Party every night. Does that mean that they are all 6 times better than me?

Since I don't really know the point of your question, I don't know how to answer it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was implying that if you were a good player you could afford a higher buy in tournament.

I dunno, I play 5.00 and 10.00 tourneys all the time and I consider myself a decent player. I hate putting 100 bucks into a single tournament, but thats just me.

Stew 10-08-2004 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was implying that if you were a good player you could afford a higher buy in tournament.

I dunno, I play 5.00 and 10.00 tourneys all the time and I consider myself a decent player. I hate putting 100 bucks into a single tournament, but thats just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play in higher buy-in tourney's on occasion, but I can't do it all the time. In fact, I finished 6th or 7th in the UB Sunday night $200 tourney about a month ago (I posted on here about being sweated in that one too). I would actually play in the Party $30 tourney's, but I have to work the next day and I can't play all night (although I'd love to).

So, if that is his question, then the answer is simply I have played in higher buy-in tourneys and will continue to do so.