Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Anybody else seen "A History of Violence" (Possible Spoilers) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356027)

CollinEstes 10-12-2005 10:27 AM

Anybody else seen \"A History of Violence\" (Possible Spoilers)

I was pretty excited about going to see it and boy was I dissapointed. Just curious if anyone actually like this movie.

I thought it was like if a drunk 16 year old wrote a movie this is probably what it would be.

namknils 10-12-2005 10:28 AM

Re: Anybody else seen \"A History of Violence\" (Possible Spoilers)

I saw it, it was kinda "meh". It kept me interested though, so I guess it wasn't horrible.

CollinEstes 10-12-2005 10:29 AM

I agree, it wasn't boring but it just never really went anywhere.

Reminds me of Monster's Ball where all the critics love it and nobody else.

10-12-2005 10:34 AM

I liked it. It had good character development with the son and wife, and intrigue with Vigo Mortensens characer and William Hurt.

Very simple movie though, which I like. I like to watch a movie once and fully understand it.

Plus, a full-frontal of that actress from the Cooler.

eastbay 10-12-2005 11:08 AM

I liked it a lot. This is not a simple popcorn movie. If that's what you wanted, I can see how you might be disappointed.

eastbay

xadrez 10-12-2005 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked it a lot. This is not a simple popcorn movie. If that's what you wanted, I can see how you might be disappointed

[/ QUOTE ]

daveymck 10-12-2005 11:14 AM

Saw it on Friday and really enjoyed it, its a very visual film eg the last scene amonst others. I think the pacing was off though I would have kept the Ed Harris guy stalking them a bit more.

Has anyone read the comic book of it interested how it compares.

CollinEstes 10-12-2005 11:15 AM

I really didn't expect that at all. I really like more of the unsual movies but I found this one to be like the other poster said, "meh".

I hate the same old crappy movies as much as the next guy, but I thought this one didn't develop all that well and didn't quite come together to provide any sort of cohesiveness. Just my opinion.

daveymck 10-12-2005 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed at that bit its exactley the same as what our lass would do if pissed off with me, cover up you are not seeing me like this.

The one bit I found bizarre though was the sons character development or are we to assume he developed his fighting skills naturally form his father.

CollinEstes 10-12-2005 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed at that bit its exactley the same as what our lass would do if pissed off with me, cover up you are not seeing me like this.

The one bit I found bizarre though was the sons character development or are we to assume he developed his fighting skills naturally form his father.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if they were trying to make that connection or not, I thought they were just trying to really surprise you in that we all thought he was a pussy and really he could kick some ass.