Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AA pf raise gets 6 callers (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367583)

10-28-2005 10:47 PM

AA pf raise gets 6 callers

Absolute .10/.25 50NL.

Hero in MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 limpers, Hero raises $1.50 to $1.50, 5 callers. Table is very rocky and passive and my $1.50 raises usually get folded around. Please no PF criticism, I feel that it was correct given table conditions.

Flop is 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
4 checks, Hero bets $6.50

Do you like a push here with my nut draw? A check? I'm really lost.

Edit: Do I call if I get put all-in?
Edit: Oops I cut the stacks - I have ~50, 2 vilains have ~50, three villains have ~15 left

KJL 10-28-2005 10:57 PM

Re: AA pf raise gets 6 callers

What was your stack size? If it was 6.50, I definetly push with the nut draw.

10-28-2005 10:59 PM

I have ~50, 2 vilains have ~50, three villains have ~15 left

10-28-2005 11:08 PM

You should bet, to know where you are.
An all-in from an opponent, you're surely behind.
At this passive table, you have to put him on 2 spades, which gives you less outs you can draw to.
Imo, you should fold then.

wiggs73 10-28-2005 11:13 PM

At NL25, I'd be pretty much willing to put in as much money as possible on the flop.

10-28-2005 11:14 PM

but also consider that they are rocks, and calling with decent hands - two high spades are on the flop. Do you really think a rock (even in LP) is calling with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? Maybe a limper I guess...

KJL 10-28-2005 11:20 PM

Well then I probably wouldn't push, I think betting 6.50 is a good idea, but I might bet a little more. You have the nut-flush draw and I can't see a rocky table calling preflop with low spades. If you are raised, I think I fold it then though.

elus2 10-28-2005 11:24 PM

table is rocky/passive. pushing gets called by sets/2pair and flushes. betting 2/3 the pot gets called by a wider range and has better hands coming over top. since you hold the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] the probability of you being raised by some weaker hand drops a lot. if a short stack comes over top i call, if one of the $50 stacks push i fold. i like a bet since there is still a great chance that we are ahead of the field and i wouldn't mind if the person after me folds so i can take position for the next two streets. there's so many possible permutations that can happen after you have bet though and you'll need figure out your average equity in each situation and figure out how stack sizes will look like on future streets to determine the best course of action. what happened after you bet?

10-28-2005 11:26 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
but also consider that they are rocks, and calling with decent hands - two high spades are on the flop. Do you really think a rock (even in LP) is calling with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? Maybe a limper I guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you're right.
So there are just a few hand that beat you, like Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]; J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and maybe Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
A rock with a K would probably just call on that scary board.

elus2 10-28-2005 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is your read then i think you should do some better table selection. there are many more profitable games online at this level that doesn't leave you grinding away for hours against a bunch of nits. find some tables w/ calling stations or maniacs.