Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ($22): ATo facing mini-raise from button (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404694)

curtains 12-26-2005 12:21 AM

Re: ($22): ATo facing mini-raise from button

I would definitely move allin. 700 more chips provides folding equity and your hand is too good. Folding is completely terrible. stop+go isnt terrible but I believe you have too much PF fold equity.

Snarf 12-26-2005 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely move allin. 700 more chips provides folding equity and your hand is too good. Folding is completely terrible. stop+go isnt terrible but I believe you have too much PF fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you add in the FE of a missed better ace by villian post-flop...Do you still think AI PF best?

Or does that added FE of getting a better hand get balanced by the times that the villain hits with a worse hand?

curtains 12-26-2005 12:30 AM

I think allin preflop is clearly the best, I would never stop and go in a spot like this. I never use a stop and go when the chips are so deep, your opponent could easily fold preflop. I only use it in more desperate situations. Also I see very little reason to expect the opponent to have a better ace, and they will often call with it postflop anyway.

45suited 12-26-2005 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think allin preflop is clearly the best, I would never stop and go in a spot like this. I never use a stop and go when the chips are so deep, your opponent could easily fold preflop. I only use it in more desperate situations. Also I see very little reason to expect the opponent to have a better ace, and they will often call with it postflop anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually just push in spots like this. The play of the hand bore out why. Villain mini-bet the flop and still didn't have the smarts to fold to my push. So a stop-n-go probably ain't working anyway.

Thing is, facing a bigstack mini-raise from the button, I might have some FE pre-flop, but the more important reason to push is that I probably have the better hand.

Snarf 12-26-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Good points.

I think I've just had a short-term run of people min-raising big hands.