Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   "I won't look at my cards...I'll just look at you." (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=267636)

juanez 06-07-2005 06:48 AM

\"I won\'t look at my cards...I\'ll just look at you.\"

To the amusement of many, a "Unabomber" look-a-like (yes, gray hooded sweatshirt, shades, childish antics - the WHOLE deal) actually said "I won't look at my cards...I'll just look at you" a few times over the course of a maybe 3 hours last night.....in a $2/$4 game. LMFAO. Dealing can really be entertaining sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

AKQJ10 06-07-2005 07:24 AM

Re: \"I won\'t look at my cards...I\'ll just look at you.\"

Trying to keep a straight face, I asked a guy with shades in the Turning Stone $1-3 spread LHE if he found a lot of people reading tells in that game. He replied in the affirmative, and I pretended to have learned something -- "Oh...."

otnemem 06-07-2005 08:02 AM

I'll take this opportunity to semi-hijack your thread and tell one of my favorite stories ever...

Last November I played at the World Poker Finals main event at Foxwoods. As I was surveying the room from my seat, I noticed Phil Laak sitting at a table across from mine. This was my first time playing in a 10K buy-in, so I was still pretty starstruck from seeing all of these pros. But then I realized something. Phil Laak was not, in fact, Phil Laak. Just an imposter. He had the same gray sweatshirt, hood pulled low, dark sunglasses... but indeed, this was not Phil Laak. And how did I figure this out? Because at the same table, two seats to the imposter's right, was the real Phil Laak, donned in gray sweatshirt, hood pulled low, and dark sunglasses. I felt so embarassed for this kid that all I could do was cringe. I mean, you emulate the guys that you see on TV as some sort of perceived intimidation factor, I guess. But then to look to your right and see the guy you're imitating... It must have been uncomfortable for both of them... It was awkward enough for me...

PhredsVBF 06-07-2005 09:58 AM

It was good chatting with you, Juanez, the last time I was there. Though I'm traveling out of town until August, you're REALLY making me miss the profitability of 2/4 at the Gilpin!
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
To the amusement of many, a "Unabomber" look-a-like (yes, gray hooded sweatshirt, shades, childish antics - the WHOLE deal) actually said "I won't look at my cards...I'll just look at you" a few times over the course of a maybe 3 hours last night.....in a $2/$4 game. LMFAO. Dealing can really be entertaining sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

McGahee 06-07-2005 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trying to keep a straight face, I asked a guy with shades in the Turning Stone $1-3 spread LHE if he found a lot of people reading tells in that game. He replied in the affirmative, and I pretended to have learned something -- "Oh...."

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I swear it's not possible that there are worse players in any game/sport anywhere ever on the face of the earth.
Damn rake [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Al_Capone_Junior 06-07-2005 11:44 AM

Reminds me of one day when a glasses wearer in a 2-4 game called for TIME while under the gun. I immediately retorted...

"it's 2-4, not the world poker tour."

Feel free to use the line anytime you want. Or you could just kick them in the nuts. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al

Toro 06-07-2005 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reminds me of one day when a glasses wearer in a 2-4 game called for TIME while under the gun. I immediately retorted...

"it's 2-4, not the world poker tour."

Feel free to use the line anytime you want. Or you could just kick them in the nuts. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al

[/ QUOTE ]

At Easter at my brothers house, my young nephews ages 16 to 23 wanted to get a poker game going. It was .25/.50 blinds NL with a $20 buy-in. These kids capped their cards and took 2 or 3 minutes before every action. It was pretty funny.

thabadguy 06-07-2005 12:01 PM

Capped their cards?

Toro 06-07-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Capped their cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting a chip or small object on the cards to protect them from accidental mucking.

gonores 06-07-2005 01:04 PM

I seem to remember me calling time in Vegas after I 3-bet or 4-bet or something preflop and had to call 1 bet more for the cap. It was awesome.