Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   College Football First Week (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=316946)

flatline 08-17-2005 03:49 AM

College Football First Week

I am a terrible at sports betting. That said, I'm still going to bet some games the first week. Any lines jump out to you guys? At first glance, I'm looking at taking:

Kentucky +22
Oregon -9.5
Utah -8
Texas A&M 0
Florida -22

Thoughts?

08-17-2005 12:08 PM

Re: College Football First Week

It would help if you posted the other team they are playing against. People (by people I mean me) are way to lazy to look up who those teams play and then to post to a response.

flatline 08-17-2005 01:45 PM

You're right, that was a pretty lazy way for me to post. Let's try this again:

Kentucky(home) +22 Louisville
Hey, Kentucky may suck, but they are in the SEC and getting 22 points at home.

Oregon -9.5 Houston(home)
Houston is terrible

Utah -8 Arizona(home)
I don't know where Arizona is gonna upgrade their offense and this looks like at least a two score win for Utah

Texas A&M 0 Clemson(home)
A&M is the better team, I think enough to overcome Clemson's HFA.

Florida(home) -22 Wyoming
Florida is loaded. Swamp. New coach. Statement.

Anyways, I realize that if I don't do a ton of research and really understand the game (which I don't) I can't make +EV picks. I'm just doing this to juice up the weekend. I'd appreciate if someone would slap me if any of these picks look overly stupid.

sekrah 08-17-2005 01:58 PM

Want a lock?

Penn State -23.5 over South Florida.

Bet on PSU here and laugh to the bank.

lastsamurai 08-17-2005 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Want a lock?

Penn State -23.5 over South Florida.

Bet on PSU here and laugh to the bank.

[/ QUOTE ]
Penn state? um...when was the last time they had a decent team?

I like your florida pick and thats a team i am going to keep a close eye on. urban meyer is is a spurrior type coach who knows what the spread is and knows he needs to cover to get BCS votes. College football is really hard to handicapp in the beginning of the season...wait until week 4 to figure out who the pretenders vs and contenders are.

Black Aces 518 08-17-2005 03:00 PM

I think Florida is pretty solid, and KY is pretty good too. Avoid road favorites and you won't hurt yourself in the long run. I don't like TAMU at all, Oregon is a bit better. I like Zona at home, they may win outright.

moose47 08-17-2005 03:17 PM

South Carolina -19.5 vs. Central Florida

It's Steve Spurrier's first game back in college. It's on national television. He will run that scoreboard as high as it will go. UCF was horrible last year and wont be much better this year.

Vince Young 08-17-2005 06:07 PM

Love Florida -22, hate aTm against Clemson. My Big XII lock of the week is Baylor -4.5 at SMU.

RiverTheNuts 08-17-2005 10:17 PM

Holy crap... where are these lines?? I will put 1/3rd of my poker bankroll on the florida -22

That game is going to be closer to 65-7 than it will be 28-7

Also, I would stay away from the Utah game, they lost much, and we (Arizona) are improved in all aspects of the game, I dont think its clear enough to bet on

kdog 08-17-2005 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Holy crap... where are these lines?? I will put 1/3rd of my poker bankroll on the florida -22

That game is going to be closer to 65-7 than it will be 28-7

[/ QUOTE ]
It is Florida's first game under a new coach. Wyoming returns 19 starters from a 7-5 team. I'll pass on laying 22 here.