Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   great myspace.com opener (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406795)

Soh 12-28-2005 10:39 PM

great myspace.com opener

Ok, use this, and you'll get a lot of replies, probably half the girls will respond.

Here it is.

Subject: "jealous girlfriend"

Body: "Ok (insert name or nothing,) my friend and I are having a debate and need some outside opinion.

Let's say you've been dating with this guy for 3 months, and he's still friend with his ex, how do you feel about that?"

tonypaladino 12-28-2005 10:40 PM

Re: great myspace.com opener

you suck at myspace

IggyWH 12-28-2005 10:42 PM

YSSCDYMA

12-28-2005 10:42 PM

akin to shooting yourself in the foot

Soh 12-28-2005 10:45 PM

that's not a bad thing.

Awesemo 12-28-2005 10:46 PM

this is a good opener, but i think you could phrase it a lot more eloquently.

Soh 12-28-2005 10:48 PM

that's up to you.

ftball0000 12-28-2005 11:12 PM

This is a known coversation stater / pickup line, in fact I myself have used it

SackUp 12-28-2005 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YSSCDYMA

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA I love the abbreviation.

sublime 12-28-2005 11:35 PM

http://www.freiburg-knights.de/imgs/...ire_strike.jpg

asofel 12-28-2005 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YSSCDYMA

[/ QUOTE ]

these little puzzles, like a riddle, such a treasure to discover.

and yes, i agree with you...

The Truth 12-29-2005 01:21 AM

6.9, reword it some, and I might use it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
blake

ScottyP431 12-29-2005 01:31 AM

OP,

You should stop taking credit for other people's material, especially material discussed in bestselling books

teddyFBI 12-29-2005 01:32 AM

plagiarizing The Game is fun.

kagame 12-29-2005 07:28 AM

how much am i missing out since i havent read that?

ScottyP431 12-29-2005 07:40 AM

Kagame,

It's very entertaining and gives you some brief explanations of seduction techniques (mainly ones invented by Style). But if you are looking for a how to bang chics book it will only give you enough information to be dangerous. You can find it scanned online

uw_madtown 12-29-2005 07:42 AM

This opener is decent in person, but just seems awkward online IMO.

ScottyP431 12-29-2005 07:45 AM

Madtown,

You are dead on, the OP is a moron. The jealous girfriend is an opinion opener, which makes it by definition conversational and annoying to do online as you need 3-5 messages just to get through 1 bit. It's also terrible because unlike other opinion openers like my little pony used by the truth, it's supposed to be a multiple question routine.

diebitter 12-29-2005 07:57 AM

Lame.

I've been thinking on this one, wanna throw it in for discussion:

Subject: Wow, I've been wasting my time till now!
Body: Cos 'now' is when I saw your picture, and read your profile!

<do your mojo here>

------
go into something specific on her profile AND/OR talk about something very, very specific on her picture.

My suggestion on the specific is compliment her on one thing, and elicit a response based on a question about this thing.

example: 'You have really beautiful eyes! Do you think they're your best feature? You must think that!'

Pick the best feature, don't just do this randomly. Try and steer away from butt, legs, breasts etc. Try eyes, hair, 'poise' (this works well face-to-face), smile, taste (for clothes etc - I doubt this'll fly with myspace though, given the awful dress sense I've seen from pics posted here [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), and so on.

Alternatively, try and pick up something about her personality that comes across (from pic or profile), and do the same with that. DO NOT say 'you seem crazy!' if she says something like 'I'm so crazy', make it YOUR take on her, but such that she is bound to reply cos she'll have an opportunity to talk about herself.

Gimme opinions on all this please. I'm trying to adapt real-time talking to girls to myspace for the benefit of OOT, so I'm feeling my way here.

I'm also aware these suggestions seem blindingly obvious - but I've been surprised how sometimes the obvious isn't really that obvious to some [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ScottyP431 12-29-2005 08:07 AM

diebitter,

You're approach would work with girls who
-are not that hot
-are fooled by compliments like nice eyes into thinking you are a nice guy
-like sappyness

I dont think myspace is your target market for those kind of benefits. Girls on myspace that people are pursuing are the hot popular sluts. These girls get barraged by messages like this all the time. Also, you use way to many exclamation marks, a random sidebar. If you pick the best feature of these girls you will be saying things like "you look easy! you must think that!".

I think you want something very short, that will get her to look at your profile, and seperate you from the rabble. Do the opposite of every other guy on myspace to stand out, flip the script. I would try this

Subject: What?
Body: Do you always dress like that?

This approach has a three pronged effect... Not really, I have just always wanted to say three pronged. Basically, you are making her qualify herself to you. If she looks at your profile and responds, you can be guaranteed she is interested, because she wouldn't qualify to someone she thought had lower social value.

diebitter 12-29-2005 08:28 AM

Tnx. All this USED TO WORK in real-life pretty darn well (I've been out of the game for several years), but I'd see how you just get lost in the wash with myspace.

I like your idea of 'do you always dress like that?' though. Needs some trialling by volunteers.

I was trying to think of something similar - in real-life a mild putdown of their clothing or accessories often sparks off fight/flirt ('wow, did you pay money for those earrings?' sort of thing), but can't figure out a good translate to myspace without just appearing to be insulting.

I'd love someone to try "Do you know you look easy?" though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Soh 12-29-2005 10:00 AM

"...you need 3-5 messages just to get through 1 bit."

This may be true. All I wanted to say was that you get a lot of replies with this message, and that's a good start. Also you'll find out if they are jealous girls or not.

Soh 12-29-2005 10:03 AM

It looks like everyone is using different people's material in that world, so who cares.

12-29-2005 01:08 PM

I dont like giving compliments, id rather them tell me they are pretty

phil_ivey_fan 12-29-2005 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YSSCDYMA

[/ QUOTE ]

... Doing Your Mom, A-hole?

haven't been on the boards much this week...give me a hint?

IggyWH 12-29-2005 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
YSSCDYMA

[/ QUOTE ]

... Doing Your Mom, A-hole?

haven't been on the boards much this week...give me a hint?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like yours better...

Deleting Your Myspace Account

12-29-2005 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This opener is decent in person, but just seems awkward online IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

MrWookie47 12-29-2005 06:58 PM

I agree with Scotty. We saw the notes that our fake chick accounts are getting. They're getting bombarded by compliments - especially eyes. Hell, crack open any hot chick's profile and look at the comments on her photos. You'll have at least 20 comments from driveling wannabe playas complimenting her eyes.

I think Scotty's "Do you always dress that way?" opener is brilliant, actually. The beauty of it is how ambiguous it is, especially when typed out. She doesn't know whether it's a compliment or an insult. This gets her (a) wanting to find out which it is, and (b) wanting to prove herself to you that she's a hottie. That's HUGE. vnh, Scotty. I'll definitely be trying this out as a default opener if I can't find something witty to say that's inspired by the girl's profile.

Lastly, I disagree that calling girls crazy is bad. I haven't toyed with it much on myspace, but I've had tremendous results with it in person. Crazy, like Scotty's opener, is beautiful in its ambiguity. The girl is left wondering if we're calling her a raving lunatic who we want to get away from, or if we're saying that she's wild, free, and fun. These sorts of ambiguous comments are powerful weapons. By being a cut and a compliment at the same time, they accomplish much more than one of each.