Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   great myspace.com opener (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406795)

diebitter 12-29-2005 08:28 AM

Re: great myspace.com opener

Tnx. All this USED TO WORK in real-life pretty darn well (I've been out of the game for several years), but I'd see how you just get lost in the wash with myspace.

I like your idea of 'do you always dress like that?' though. Needs some trialling by volunteers.

I was trying to think of something similar - in real-life a mild putdown of their clothing or accessories often sparks off fight/flirt ('wow, did you pay money for those earrings?' sort of thing), but can't figure out a good translate to myspace without just appearing to be insulting.

I'd love someone to try "Do you know you look easy?" though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Soh 12-29-2005 10:00 AM

"...you need 3-5 messages just to get through 1 bit."

This may be true. All I wanted to say was that you get a lot of replies with this message, and that's a good start. Also you'll find out if they are jealous girls or not.

Soh 12-29-2005 10:03 AM

It looks like everyone is using different people's material in that world, so who cares.

12-29-2005 01:08 PM

I dont like giving compliments, id rather them tell me they are pretty

phil_ivey_fan 12-29-2005 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YSSCDYMA

[/ QUOTE ]

... Doing Your Mom, A-hole?

haven't been on the boards much this week...give me a hint?

IggyWH 12-29-2005 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
YSSCDYMA

[/ QUOTE ]

... Doing Your Mom, A-hole?

haven't been on the boards much this week...give me a hint?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like yours better...

Deleting Your Myspace Account

12-29-2005 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This opener is decent in person, but just seems awkward online IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

MrWookie47 12-29-2005 06:58 PM

I agree with Scotty. We saw the notes that our fake chick accounts are getting. They're getting bombarded by compliments - especially eyes. Hell, crack open any hot chick's profile and look at the comments on her photos. You'll have at least 20 comments from driveling wannabe playas complimenting her eyes.

I think Scotty's "Do you always dress that way?" opener is brilliant, actually. The beauty of it is how ambiguous it is, especially when typed out. She doesn't know whether it's a compliment or an insult. This gets her (a) wanting to find out which it is, and (b) wanting to prove herself to you that she's a hottie. That's HUGE. vnh, Scotty. I'll definitely be trying this out as a default opener if I can't find something witty to say that's inspired by the girl's profile.

Lastly, I disagree that calling girls crazy is bad. I haven't toyed with it much on myspace, but I've had tremendous results with it in person. Crazy, like Scotty's opener, is beautiful in its ambiguity. The girl is left wondering if we're calling her a raving lunatic who we want to get away from, or if we're saying that she's wild, free, and fun. These sorts of ambiguous comments are powerful weapons. By being a cut and a compliment at the same time, they accomplish much more than one of each.