Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   two pr vs an unknown crowd (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393780)

Guruman 12-07-2005 10:10 PM

two pr vs an unknown crowd

I'm about ten hands into this session. A couple of people are showing fishy tendancies, but nothing close to a decent read on anyone yet.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $1 (All-In), Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero...

flop is questionable, but I have no idea how to play this hand if I lead out and it gets called around.

check/call or bet/fold this river?

Harv72b 12-07-2005 10:16 PM

Re: top two vs an unknown crowd

check/call the river. You've got a strong enough hand to see showdown (although it's not top two [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ), and I think one of 'em finds a reason to bet if you don't lead at it.

Incidentally, I would have either check/called or bet/called the flop; especially if you're up against bad players, at least one of 'em probably has a trash ace. When the queen hit on the turn, I would've led it; the all in player allows me to bail to a raise with clear conscience, unless of course I end up with odds to draw at my four outer.

fluff 12-07-2005 10:17 PM

You don't have top two.

I would check-fold flop. You have bettor and 1 caller by the time action is back to you, and drawing to very few clean outs in a small pot.

As it was played, probably check-call the river if it is only 1 bet to you.

12-07-2005 10:31 PM

I don't think I find a raise on this flop. However with the hand being the way it is on the flop, I would check/call the turn and river.

I know that seems awful weak, however you are facing a coordinated and 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] board, and your Q out that you hit, may not have been clean.

Guruman 12-07-2005 10:40 PM

I edited my title to conceal my idiocy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Harv: i don't know if the all in player is much of a factor, since he's only in for 1/2 of 1 sb.

fluff: do you always check/fold that flop in an unraised pot? That seems bad.

Harv72b 12-07-2005 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Harv: i don't know if the all in player is much of a factor, since he's only in for 1/2 of 1 sb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just meant that I'm guaranteed to see my opponent(s)'s hand, which always makes it easier to fold a good holding.