Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Specific preflop plays (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391754)

krimson 12-05-2005 02:11 PM

Re: Specific preflop plays

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really hate KTo. Can somebody convince me to play this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, if you enjoy the aggravation of burning up chips when you hit against the passive limper who doesn't raise with A 10, KJ and KQ. Miniscule ev at best- not worth getting into trouble over IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
How about when we hit vs dominated hands like JT/QT/K9s, which are more likely to have been limped in than AT and KQ.

Buckmulligan 12-05-2005 02:15 PM

Here's a question: Take the same instance of the KT examples but make it KTs.

Is this a raise in both situations?

Bill Smith 12-05-2005 03:09 PM

Re: Don\'t hate-evaluate

I apologize that the original post was a little bit vague, as I had intended to include necessary preflop information. The intention was supposed to be that the loose-bad player was limping in EP while the loose/decent player was in MP. The loose/decent player would have a greater range of limping hands, but will generally play them well postflop.

Bill Smith 12-05-2005 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably right on the cutoff as well. I'd probably raise it with 3 limpers with KTs, limp with only 2.

pudley4 12-05-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

DarkForceRising 12-05-2005 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With salivating enthusiasm.

DarkForceRising 12-05-2005 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really hate KTo. Can somebody convince me to play this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, if you enjoy the aggravation of burning up chips when you hit against the passive limper who doesn't raise with A 10, KJ and KQ. Miniscule ev at best- not worth getting into trouble over IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
How about when we hit vs dominated hands like JT/QT/K9s, which are more likely to have been limped in than AT and KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. The personal comfort level is what I was getting at. It would be nice to see some big databases chime in.

Siegmund 12-06-2005 02:28 AM

If there was some chance of getting the blinds out I would raise AT. If there isn't... MAYBE I'd still raise with 2 limpers.

I am not playing KT at all in this situation.

Bill Smith 12-06-2005 04:52 PM

The only item that really surprises me in these results is that people are more willing to play KTo, a hand that doesn't play well multiway, when there are 3 limpers instead of 2. Is this because the additional player is poor or because you (the people who called with 3 but not 2 limpers) like this hand against more players?

12-06-2005 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only item that really surprises me in these results is that people are more willing to play KTo, a hand that doesn't play well multiway, when there are 3 limpers instead of 2. Is this because the additional player is poor or because you (the people who called with 3 but not 2 limpers) like this hand against more players?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to SSHE, top pair hands benefit more from dead money than they lose to the pot being multiway.