Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $22 - Stop n go with 66 or try to double up? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407464)

pergesu 12-29-2005 11:29 PM

$22 - Stop n go with 66 or try to double up?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1095)
UTG+1 (t555)
MP1 (t1265)
CO (t1485)
Button (t1600)
SB (t1350)
Hero (t650)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t200</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero ?

Okay so my options are to try a stop n go or push and hope to double through.

I think it's a push, mostly because we're far away from the bubble at this point, so trying to stay alive isn't imperative or anything. But a stop n go adds ~50% to my stack if it works. Plus I can check-trap the flop if I set up.

One big argument against the stop n go is that I've already shown it this tourney. My queens ran into aces and I was left with 210 chips, I SNGed and caught a straight on the turn to stay alive. So this dude is probably calling the flop anyway.

I'm playing a bunch of bubbles atm and am having a tough time articulating everything that I've thought about, but you get the idea.

johnnybeef 12-29-2005 11:31 PM

Re: $22 - Stop n go with 66 or try to double up?

This is a beautiful spot for a stop n go as you likely will have zero FE pf, but could definately attain some post flop.

Nick M 12-29-2005 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So this dude is probably calling the flop anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you're fairly sure he calls you anyway, it still makes sense to try. least I think so.

Scuba Chuck 12-30-2005 01:32 AM

Guess I'm a tighty. 7 handed, I probably fold here too much. I think pushing or folding here is best btw.

curtains 12-30-2005 01:37 AM

folding is terrible...absolutely terrible, you have 1/6th of your stack in the pot with 66 against a cutoff open min-raise! I think a stop+go is a reasonable option, as is pushing preflop. I'd usually push.

yvesaint 12-30-2005 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
folding is terrible...absolutely terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, basically any way you can get the rest of your chips in is a reasonable line here. push if you want, stop and go if you want, i dont think either is much better than the other.

Scuba Chuck 12-30-2005 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
folding is terrible...absolutely terrible, you have 1/6th of your stack in the pot with 66 against a cutoff open min-raise! I think a stop+go is a reasonable option, as is pushing preflop. I'd usually push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you ever fold 66 in the BB here? If so, how many chips you need?

curtains 12-30-2005 01:41 AM

Of course I would fold it, but not with only 6x the BB. I'm not sure of the exact amount...maybe 9-10x?

pergesu 12-30-2005 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like I'm a baby curtains. I considered a SNG but decided to just push.

I thought if he were donk raising a QJ or something like that, he might fold to a push preflop. Also I'm probably racing, which isn't so bad because I'd like to double up anyway. I didn't want to let him see the flop cheap on the small chance he did have some crappy holding. Also, as I mentioned in my first post, we're still far enough away that I should be more concerned about this as an opportunity to double up rather than try to maximize my FE and survival.

Anyway yeah, I shoved, he had KQ, I sucked out and doubled through.

yvesaint 12-30-2005 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway yeah, I shoved, he had KQ, I sucked out and doubled through.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not sucking out pushing with 66 there against KQ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]