Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   FLUSH!!!!!!!!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403422)

FoxwoodsFiend 12-22-2005 04:01 PM

Re: FLUSH!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
There is about 0% chance villain has a set here unless its A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Ax

[/ QUOTE ]

AA does not have a set here. I agree with you though that the c/raise with just the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is unlikely as the flop is the time to make that move

AZK 12-22-2005 04:12 PM

Not if you are autobetting flops.

FoxwoodsFiend 12-22-2005 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not if you are autobetting flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? It seems that if I'm autobetting flops the c/raise on the flop is INCREDIBLY likely. How is it more liekly that he's waiting for the turn if I'm autobetting flops (which I was-how did you know?!?

psuasskicker 12-22-2005 05:44 PM

I think A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K is a fairly possible (likely?) holding here.

I probably call the raise and evaluate the river. If it isn't a scary card I can't imagine folding.

I would also strongly consider reraising to say $1,600 or so with the intention of checking any river, and folding to a reraise.

- C -

AZK 12-22-2005 05:50 PM

There's a higher likelihood that you fold to a turn bet than a flop one, no?

AZK 12-22-2005 05:51 PM

I probably call the turn. Bet any non-heart river if checked to, call any non heart river bet that isn't gross (i.e. all in) and debate between any bet that is gross. Helps to know who opponent is, even though I don't play stars.

Rococo 12-22-2005 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is about 0% chance villain has a set here unless its A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Ax or he is a [censored] moron. For you guys thinking he has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x, why doesn't he check/raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is very wrong. I know of several high limit players who post on this board who sometimes flat call with a set on a monatone board and blast the turn on a non-pairing card of a different suit. A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x doesn't necessarily raise the flop here either (especially against very aggro players) because he doesn't want a set or made flush to push all in here.

lapoker17 12-22-2005 06:08 PM

im getting it all in on turn. i go busto here everyday.

FoxwoodsFiend 12-22-2005 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im getting it all in on turn. i go busto here everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the first person to say this. Just wondering-do you think villain has a set? If so, does the check with the risk of giving a free card seem like a standard play?

lapoker17 12-22-2005 06:20 PM

Depending on opponent, I will play sets very slow on boards like this. Is that your question? I may go, check/call, check/call, block river with a set on this board. But assuming most people think like me/us is usually the wrong thing to do. I just think that his range is wide enough that we are ahead here more often than not. BTW, I have no idea what 22/9 means, so if that changes everything, I could be wrong.