Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Come on in, the water's fine... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355742)

Rockatansky 10-11-2005 11:03 PM

Come on in, the water\'s fine...

This hand took place on Empire just a few minutes ago. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

UTG ($66.07)
MP ($81.69)
CO ($43.13)
Button ($48.95)
SB ($50)
Hero ($55.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($1.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks.

River: ($1.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $5</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $3.50.

Final Pot: $11.75

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jc As (four of a kind, kings).
MP has 9h Js (four of a kind, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins $11.20 </font>

ETA: corrected results

10-11-2005 11:14 PM

Re: Come on in, the water\'s fine...

Why didn't you go all in on the river?

10-11-2005 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you go all in on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Finite_Risk 10-11-2005 11:24 PM

Rake? Who would raise without an ace? Oh wait...

Rockatansky 10-11-2005 11:25 PM

I assumed (incorrectly in this case) that my opponent would raise with an Ace and an Ace only. If I had re-raised all-in and he in fact held an Ace, then I would have actually lost money versus just calling because of the rake.

I guess you could argue that I should always go all-in here, because the times that he doesn't hold an Ace and calls will more than make up for the times that he does and that I lose extra money in rake. However, I honestly thought there was no way that he would raise without the Ace.

10-12-2005 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rake? Who would raise without an ace? Oh wait...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ok, Empire has rakeback

pokerjoker 10-12-2005 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assumed (incorrectly in this case) that my opponent would raise with an Ace and an Ace only. If I had re-raised all-in and he in fact held an Ace, then I would have actually lost money versus just calling because of the rake.

I guess you could argue that I should always go all-in here, because the times that he doesn't hold an Ace and calls will more than make up for the times that he does and that I lose extra money in rake. However, I honestly thought there was no way that he would raise without the Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

never make a call to save a dollar or so in rake....people are dumb enough that u will get paid overall.

10-12-2005 01:50 AM

Do you think MP wakes up to realize that he does not have a boat and folds or you think he calls the all in? Then again...maybe he was worried about you having the 5th king and folds.

fuzzbox 10-12-2005 04:40 AM

Why didnt you push ?