Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Moneyline on the flu shot (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376986)

ChipWrecked 11-12-2005 12:58 PM

Moneyline on the flu shot

My wife got a flu shot a couple weeks ago. She was sick for two days. I didn't think much of it because she gets sick a lot anyway.

My company gave free shots last week, I had mine Wednesday. Now I'm sick.

Wife's sister is a doc, she says everybody she knows who got this year's shot has gotten sick from it.

So it's your call. Do you skip the shot, and maybe you'll get sick for a week later on, or get one, and definitely be sick for two days right now?

MrMon 11-12-2005 01:02 PM

Re: Moneyline on the flu shot

Wife and two kids have gotten the shot so far. No reaction. I'll get mine when they restock.

Cubswin 11-12-2005 01:06 PM

Inductive reasoning is flawed reasoning (aka sample size too small). My work gave out the flu shot for free and id say 75% of 100 people got it. Not one of my co-workers that i know of has gotten sick because of the flu shot. The flu is a bitch... i got it bad last year and was home sick for a week. Get the shot or else dont complain when your confined to your bed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

cubs

ChipWrecked 11-12-2005 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Inductive reasoning is flawed reasoning (aka sample size too small).

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought somebody would tell me my use of 'moneyline' was wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

daryn 11-12-2005 01:28 PM

i think i am immune to the flu, is that possible? i never have had a flu shot, and i can't remember ever having the flu.

eviljeff 11-12-2005 01:29 PM

I got my flu shot exactly 45 hours ago. thank you for ruining my weekend.

eviljeff 11-12-2005 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i am immune to the flu, is that possible? i never have had a flu shot, and i can't remember ever having the flu.

[/ QUOTE ]

go to where people are

Cubswin 11-12-2005 01:32 PM

I thought the same thing until last year... and I couldnt have been more wrong. It pains me just to think about the 'dry' cough i had and the muscle aches. The 103+ fever was actually one of the less annoying effects of the flu.

cubs

ChipWrecked 11-12-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe anyone could be 'immune to the flu', because the virus mutates so often and quickly. You probably have a strong immune system.

I got the shot to calm wifey's nerves about our toddler catching it from one of us. Now I'm pissed off [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

astroglide 11-12-2005 03:01 PM

i've never had the flu or a flu shot