Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   i knew he was gonna do that (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406135)

daryn 12-27-2005 07:56 PM

i knew he was gonna do that

just sat down, i folded for a few orbits then i raised a hand and took down the blinds.. i guess i have a tight image so far.

from what i've seen so far i'm positive that utg+2 is pretty fishy

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $30.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>...

what's your move and why? do we agree up to this point or would some of you have donked the turn

i knew MP2 was gonna raise.. bastard

Nomar 12-27-2005 08:04 PM

Re: i knew he was gonna do that

put in in the dumpster ...

MP guy has 1 pair beat, set or KQ ...

do you always cap this preflop ?

DcifrThs 12-27-2005 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well if MP is good and realizes you may fold and he may be good then the fold is bad. id say thats very very unlikely given this board.

as to PF, yes. in this case, given the opener is a fish i cap this every time.

Barron

daryn 12-27-2005 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well if MP is good and realizes you may fold and he may be good then the fold is bad. id say thats very very unlikely given this board.

as to PF, yes. in this case, given the opener is a fish i cap this every time.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

that was EXACTLY what i was thinking... that MP realized the situation (that utg+2 was fishy) and raised to try to get me out

daryn 12-27-2005 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah man.. you got a fish opening with what could be anything, and a guy who presumably knows that 3-betting the fish... i'm capping with AK every time and possibly with 99

Nomar 12-27-2005 08:36 PM

I cap sometimes, I call sometimes, I dont know what is right, I just hate leading that flop when I miss, I am always working on my AK play, trying to limit to number of times I overplay it per day to 25.

Fianchetto 12-27-2005 08:40 PM

Any merit to checking this flop?

You are out of position against 2 opponents, and with that board (3 cards in playing zone) I don't think you are taking this down with a flop bet. In fact, you will be getting raised a lot of the time.

Cap pre, check and call flop, donk turn... just a thought.

daryn 12-27-2005 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cap sometimes, I call sometimes, I dont know what is right, I just hate leading that flop when I miss, I am always working on my AK play, trying to limit to number of times I overplay it per day to 25.

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand your thought.. but if you think about MP's range you will realize it's totally correct to cap

Joe Tall 12-29-2005 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i understand your thought.. but if you think about MP's range you will realize it's totally correct to cap

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I'd sure like to cap with position here as I like my realtive position to MP3 as I can c/r the loosey out. I just love betting out on turns like this to squeeze here.

Yeti 12-29-2005 11:36 AM

Bet the turn and hope UTG+2 forces out MP.