Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   what the christ kind of weak play is this (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401130)

12-19-2005 01:55 AM

what the christ kind of weak play is this

this guy has done this several times, after first table coaching (so he seemed to have a basic grasp of the game, OR SO I THOUGHT).

***** Hand History for Game 3226103789 *****
$0.50/$1 Texas Hold'em - Monday, December 19, 00:47:57 EDT 2005
Table Table 65132 (6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: TheShoShoSho ( $117.50 )
Seat 3: heret1k ( $51.75 )
Seat 4: Flapperdefla ( $7.75 )
Seat 5: MRGMONEY111 ( $25 )
Seat 6: Mac51161 ( $53.89 )
Mac51161 posts small blind [$0.25].
TheShoShoSho posts big blind [$0.50].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to heret1k [ Ks Qd ]
heret1k raises [$1].
Flapperdefla folds.
Mac51161 folds.
TheShoShoSho calls [$0.50].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5c, 2d, Kh ]
TheShoShoSho folds.
heret1k does not show cards.
heret1k wins $2.25

i forgot to c/p the chatlog, but i asked why he did that, and he said something like:

"well there was a king on the flop, so i was probably beaten. why risk going any further at this point."

i'm like "yeah but it's free" and that i might check through even, etc.

then he just repeats himself and says "why don't you just be happy you won the pot."

at first i thought he had some technical error with his mouse or something but honestly, what the christ.

12-19-2005 01:56 AM

Re: what the christ kind of weak play is this

I would be careful with that he may be setting you up!

PoBoy321 12-19-2005 01:57 AM

Obviously, this means that the next time he checks to you, you should open-fold.

jman220 12-19-2005 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
forgot to c/p the chatlog, but i asked why he did that, and he said something like:

"well there was a king on the flop, so i was probably beaten. why risk going any further at this point."

i'm like "yeah but it's free" and that i might check through even, etc.

then he just repeats himself and says "why don't you just be happy you won the pot."

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't table-coach.

12-19-2005 02:03 AM

i actually just said the free part not the part about checking through, in absolute confusion. honestly i don't think this guys going to step up his game anyway if he's this god awfully retarded.

the real irony was he was table-coaching earlier, and i had been thinking uh oh.

12-19-2005 02:04 AM

i see PHIL IVEY do that on tv and he is a big winner

PoBoy321 12-19-2005 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i actually just said the free part not the part about checking through, in absolute confusion. honestly i don't think this guys going to step up his game anyway if he's this god awfully retarded.

the real irony was he was table-coaching earlier, and i had been thinking uh oh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because table coaches are always such incredible players, that's why they try to help everyone else play as well as they do.

jman220 12-19-2005 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because table coaches are always such incredible players, that's why they try to help everyone else play as well as they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah!

Subfallen 12-19-2005 02:11 AM

i open-fold at least 20 times an hour; what exactly is the problem?

12-19-2005 02:15 AM

i didn't he was a pro, but open-folding is only an excuse if you have epilepsy. i mean come ON this is ridiculous. how could you know the odds for flush draws and what a value bet is but not understand checking is free?