Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Tricky Turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371904)

GTSamIAm 11-04-2005 03:44 PM

Tricky Turn

This was against an unknown. What is my optimal turn line here? I bet to prevent giving him a free card to draw to a possible flush. But when he raises, at this limit, do you think he is semi-bluffing or bluffing? I'm getting about 15-2 on a call down here.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Greg J 11-04-2005 03:52 PM

Re: Tricky Turn

You have four outs to a boat if you are up against the flush and you are getting the odds to draw to it. Also, the preflop coldcall plus the other action tells me AK is a possibility for villian. With no read I have to call this down. I don't like the fold. He could easily have a flush, have you tied, or even a hand like KQ (or perhaps KJ).

El Ishmael 11-04-2005 03:53 PM

This is tough I think.

The combination of you being ahead here, plus having 4 boat outs against a flush getting ~10:1 means I think you have to see a river. Kind've hard to give him a 4 given the preflop cold-call and the flop raise. But at the same time it's not likely to be K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] because I rarely see that played in this way.

So, I'm not sure. Call here at least though.

GTSamIAm 11-04-2005 03:55 PM

Oh right, the boat. That simplifies the decision. What if I were not getting odds to the boat, should I call down? Or what if I were getting only implied odds to the boat, should I fold the river umimproved?

Greg J 11-04-2005 04:10 PM

This is difficult to say without reads. On the fly I go into call down mode and win enough to make this profitable. The range of hands you are up against (vs random Party .5/1 player) is really quite wide. These guys can do some really weird things. I've seen cats go to town like this hands like 77.

LoaferGee12 11-04-2005 04:12 PM

I'm gonna agree with Greg here. With the size of this pot and such a strong hand, I think you have to go to the river. You'll even boat up every once in a while.

11-04-2005 04:17 PM

Bad news: you're probably behind - this screams "flush draw," and turn raises (especially after your flop 3-bet) are rarely bluffs, unless villain is a known maniac.

Good news: you've got just enough in the pot that you can call and pray for another 4 or K on the river. There's also a chance villain has AK as well.

I at least call the turn. If the river's a brick I probably check/fold, and keep an eye on villain in case this kind of action happens again.