Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Completing with weak offsuit aces? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356384)

FlyingStart 10-12-2005 08:25 PM

Completing with weak offsuit aces?

One or two limpers in late position, you hold A4 or something like that, do you complete in SB?

orange 10-12-2005 08:35 PM

Re: Completing with weak offsuit aces?

6-max or full?

FlyingStart 10-12-2005 08:41 PM

I play full, so I say full. But since the limper/limpers came from late position doesn't that make it almost the same?

FlyingStart 10-12-2005 08:50 PM

Also, do you make steals with weak aces from the CO or button when it's folded to you, and if you do, what other hands do you steal with? If the blinds are tight, do you steal with any two?

Godfather80 10-12-2005 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, do you make steals with weak aces from the CO or button when it's folded to you, and if you do, what other hands do you steal with? If the blinds are tight, do you steal with any two?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hold a weak ace in the CO or Button and it folds to you, you aren't really stealing if you raise. You are betting on having the best hand remaining.

mason55 10-12-2005 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One or two limpers in late position, you hold A4 or something like that, do you complete in SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends. If the limpers are tight and will fold to a raise, I raise. If they're loose passive and not going anywhere I fold. I would never just complete with a weak off suit ace. A weak suited ace would be easy though.

As far as folded to me in CO or button, again it depends on the blinds. If they're tight, I'll raise. Loose, I fold.

This all assumes your opponent play pretty straight forward. If they get tricky with you then I just muck it. Also, it depends on how well your continuation bets have been working because that's what you're going to be doing a lot.

mudbuddha 10-12-2005 09:33 PM

in small blind, in an unraised pot.. your considering folding an Axs????

i dont think it matters if your 6max or not..
maybe i play too looose in my blinds, bc i would never consider folding half a bet with those cards

10-13-2005 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in small blind, in an unraised pot.. your considering folding an Axs????

i dont think it matters if your 6max or not..
maybe i play too looose in my blinds, bc i would never consider folding half a bet with those cards

[/ QUOTE ]

First in from co or button, I raise with Ax at full ring. sb, unraised, I complete. but, if as is often the case, it is an unraised family pot, I plan to fold unless the flop hits me hard--2 pair-ish, for example. in a family pot, assume there is a bigger ace out until evidence says otherwise.

fwiw

BlackRain 10-13-2005 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In full ring, no.

wtfsvi 10-13-2005 07:45 AM

No I don't. A4o is so garbage, especially to play far oop.