Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   3 AK preflop hands (with a quiz!) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398743)

ajmargarine 12-15-2005 02:22 AM

Re: 3 AK preflop hands (with a quiz!)

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't that change to possibly calling all 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in my book, one of these is a fold for me...

LetYouDown 12-15-2005 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't that change to possibly calling all 3?

[/ QUOTE ]
Against 3 ATMs I'm folding all 3. Without specifically saying which is a calling station, which is a maniac, etc...it's way too random. Based on the general statement, I'm playing ultra-tight/aggressive at this table. AK isn't good enough. I'm waiting for a high pair, a set or a nut hand that I'm sure they'll pay off and I'm playing it fast.

DoomSlice 12-15-2005 02:25 AM

Is MP1 in hand 2 donkish enough to min-raise high pairs?

DoomSlice 12-15-2005 02:27 AM

Call me crazy, but I think playing ultra-tight in these situations is a HUGE mistake.

Hands that arn't usually profitable against a raise (AJ, AQ, KQ) now have a significant equity edge against the range of hands that maniacs raise. Instead of folding these now, I'm more inclined to reraise.

LetYouDown 12-15-2005 02:29 AM

And they're more inclined to call...as is their nature. I don't want to play footraces here with my A-J vs. their 10-10. I want to play my middle set against their TPTK or my A-A vs. their A-Q.

DoomSlice 12-15-2005 02:31 AM

Who says you're racing AJ vs TT? Much of the time you'll be AJ vs KT, AQ vs A5s, 88 vs 33, etc...

The hand range of a maniac is huge!

ajmargarine 12-15-2005 02:31 AM

Wow, I thought this was semi-obvious. But so far, I'm the only person who voted for the right answer.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

LetYouDown 12-15-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The hand range of a maniac is huge!

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly my point. I don't want to even have to think about what they might hold. These games are so easy that you can nut peddle all day. Why push marginal edges? Yes, I realize A-J vs. K-10 can't be considered marginal traditionally, but in this game you're going to get tons of guaranteed double ups.

ajmargarine 12-15-2005 02:34 AM

I'm not pushing AJ. This is AK. Best of all non-pair hands. Don't underestimate FE. Maniacs don't mind pushing, they don't always like to call pushes.

LetYouDown 12-15-2005 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maniacs, fish, and ATMs are terms that come to mind

[/ QUOTE ]
You never specify who is who. ATMs/fish are completely different from maniacs. 3 maniacs and 3 fish are totally different ball games.

If a maniac opens for $10 and a passive player minraises it means something entirely different than a maniac opening for $10 and a maniac minraising to $20.