Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AQ....brain is mush. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401157)

12-19-2005 02:52 AM

AQ....brain is mush.

UTG+1 is loose preflop with his calls. Raising standards are fine. He actually plays quite OK postflop. Actually other than he likes to gamble preflop, he's not horrible. He does have a tendancy some times to play his cards without any consideration for what's going on around him.

MP3 is terrible. Big fish.

Button is a strong TAG. 20/9/1.8

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6.75 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="green"> Hero ? </font>

I'd had a few beers and I went totally blank on this hand.
What's the plan?

Vote4Pedro 12-19-2005 02:56 AM

Re: AQ....brain is mush.

c/r

cold_cash 12-19-2005 02:59 AM

If he's going to bet this flop pretty much automatically I would dust off the old check and raise play.

12-19-2005 03:10 AM

I thought so too.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6.75 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, <font color="green">Hero ??</font>

cold_cash 12-19-2005 03:20 AM

I would call the flop and bet any turn card that wasn't the King of Hearts.

milesdyson 12-19-2005 03:28 AM

a J gives button the nuts.

hey Kwaz your pot size is cut in half. it should be 13.5 sb. button really should not bet AK if it gets checked to him here, so the only time a c/r is good against him is if he has JJ...

checking allows him to check through AK and when we check raise we're likely getting money in with the worst hand.

betting traps everyone between us in a big pot when we really want to narrow the field.

is this a spot where we should go ahead and risk check raising against a better hand in order to narrow the field in an attempt to maximize our chance of winning teh big pot? i think so.

now that UTG+1 has donked the mother of donks, i agree with cash, although like i hinted earlier, i am not very eager about donking a J, either (based on buttons play so far, AK or J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J seems very very likely).

12-19-2005 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is this a spot where we should go ahead and risk check raising against a better hand in order to narrow the field in an attempt to maximize our chance of winning teh big pot? i think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I think about this, the more my brain turns to mush.

- Does the quality of player inbetween Hero and the PF3bettor have an affect?
- Do we widen his range considering he's on the button?
- Are we missing too much value by not betting?
- How likely is it that he checks AK in a field this big?
- Is there a pot size point where our action will change?

To be honest, at the time, I just said (slightly drunk):
"pot big, hand good, he bet, me raise"

Shillx 12-19-2005 05:27 AM

Raise now. When decisions are close, you should default to getting raises in now when you hold a blocker and waiting when you don't. You hold the blocker in this hand, so act accordingly.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] cryptic posts. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

SCfuji 12-19-2005 05:38 AM

hey kwaz

dont you hate it when ppl bet into you after you raise preflop? i hate it too, so thats why i do it lots now.

istewart 12-19-2005 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise now. When decisions are close, you should default to getting raises in now when you hold a blocker and waiting when you don't. You hold the blocker in this hand, so act accordingly.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] cryptic posts. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So would you raise now with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?