Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Picking up a flush draw in BB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=293556)

tripp0807 07-15-2005 02:48 PM

Picking up a flush draw in BB

This is a situation that frequently causes my head to spin. I just can't get a hold of it.

Situation (one of many)

Taj 50+15; blinds 50-100 (villian just moved to table, no read)
Villian is in middle position, raises to 200
Folds around to Hero in BB, who calls with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] X

[EDIT] I neglected to mention that I checked here. I know, I know, it's stupid, but this is a hand from a while ago when I had no idea what I was doing. It was the hand that I busted on in my first B&M tourney, but since I have problems with this situation often, this hand sticks out in my mind. If this situation came up again, I probably would have bet $200. [END EDIT]

Villian bets T200
Hero's move?

While I appreciate any responses to this situation, I'm very interested to hear opinions on what to do in NL tourneys when you pick up suited 1 or 2 gappers in the big blind with a min. raise and BB is last to act with only one opponent.

Thanks!
-Tripp

07-15-2005 02:53 PM

Re: Picking up a flush draw in BB

I'm gonna call this, and consider pushing on the turn no matter what falls. I like my chances to win outright, and the bet by villain is not screaming strength.

The reason I call and don't push here is to try and give the look of someone who was slowplaying a monster, it will give my bluff more weight on the turn (if I don't pick up my flush).

scottjf8 07-15-2005 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna call this, and consider pushing on the turn no matter what falls. I like my chances to win outright, and the bet by villain is not screaming strength.

The reason I call and don't push here is to try and give the look of someone who was slowplaying a monster, it will give my bluff more weight on the turn (if I don't pick up my flush).

[/ QUOTE ]

He's out of position the rest of the way - I feel raising here and trying to pickup the pot right there is ideal.. What if the club falls but it pairs the rag on the flop?

Sluke 07-15-2005 03:21 PM

I don't see how anyone could give advice on this hand without stack sizes of the hero and villian.

tripp0807 07-15-2005 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how anyone could give advice on this hand without stack sizes of the hero and villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's a good point. Though the example was from quite a while ago, if memory serves correctly, Villian had approx. T3000 and Hero had approx T2000.

Nick M 07-15-2005 05:22 PM

I know the tournament you are talking about, blinds go up fast. I check raise all in. He does not need an ace here to bet or to mini raise preflop. He folds everthing but a good ace and I doubt he has one.