Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How about this one...T4 in SB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364752)

TheHammer24 10-24-2005 10:27 PM

How about this one...T4 in SB

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

ncboiler 10-24-2005 10:29 PM

Re: How about this one...T4 in SB

Fold preflop

10-24-2005 10:30 PM

I would go for a check raise on the turn. Either BB bets again and you trap the whole field for two bets, or someone in LP raises and you get to protect your hand. I really doubt the turn is getting checked through.

TheHammer24 10-24-2005 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would go for a check raise on the turn. Either BB bets again and you trap the whole field for two bets, or someone in LP raises and you get to protect your hand. I really doubt the turn is getting checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your arguement is contradictory. one of the two is optimal, which one is it? Make everyone pay or protect my hand?

EDIT: Ridiculous was a rather strong word [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

shant 10-24-2005 10:33 PM

I don't get this complete.

TheHammer24 10-24-2005 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Table was extreaaaamly bad and I'm getting 12:1. My VPIP in SB is proportionally small relative other 2ers but I thought this was a call

10-24-2005 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your arguement is ridiculous. one of the two is optimal, which one is it? Make everyone pay or protect my hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying that either one is better than leading the turn.

EDIT: But it depends on how the table is playing, if you think it's getting checked through a lot than leading is probably best.

TheHammer24 10-24-2005 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your arguement is ridiculous. one of the two is optimal, which one is it? Make everyone pay or protect my hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: But it depends on how the table is playing, if you think it's getting checked through a lot than leading is probably best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why

10-24-2005 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why

[/ QUOTE ]

I might have overstated it a little bit, as I think protecting your hand is not that important here. I still think I check. Best case BB bets, everyone who was going to call your lead calls his bet, and you trap everyone for two bets. Medium case, someone in later positon bets, you c/r and probably get the same number of bets as leading. Worst case, it gets checked through. However, I think that BB is betting the turn again a lot of the time.

Borodog 10-24-2005 10:52 PM

Fold preflop. 12:1 is not nearly enough to make T4o a profitable complete.

Fold the flop. If BB is betting top pair, or anyone else is calling with it, you do not want to make trip tens. The 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is unclean as well. If you make your hand on the turn and it happens to be best, it will be extremely vulnerable to a lot of rivers (like this one).

Check-raise the turn. Donking the turn like this practically screams, "I just turned two pair!" Trap the field for two bets with only 1 card to come.

Bet-fold the river, unless you bet and it folds to the CO who raises. Then I'd probably have to call and lose because bluffing that paired 9 after everyone has folded might be too juicy for someone to pass up more than 8% of the time.