Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Do I have a legit beef with PartyPoker here? What should I do? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372071)

jwvdcw 11-04-2005 07:58 PM

Do I have a legit beef with PartyPoker here? What should I do?

Ok, heres the situation: $850 MTT sattelite to the Euro Open. The Lobby states: "1 Euro Open package for every 10 players. Any extra money will be paid to the next 3 places(50%,30%,20%)."

17 people enter. Well when the tourney starts, the prize pool looks like this: "1st: $6800, 2nd: $4080, 3rd: $2720." No mention of the euro open at all! It looks like they just divided it up 50/30/20. However, there were over 10 people entered.

Now, if I had gotten 2nd or 3rd place, I wouldn't have cared at all because I would make out better in the new situation. However, if I got 1st or 4th place, the older one would've been better(1st would've gotten an $8000 trip and 4th would've gotten something, which of course is better than nothing).

Well, I got first.

Now, I don't really care all that much about the trip. In fact, I would prefer the $8000 in cash, and then I can make the decision for myself on whether or not I want to go, and if I do go, I don't have to wear that crappy PartyPoker gear at the table.

The bigger question I guess is whether I would prefer $6800 or a trip and entry into a tourney worth $8000. I'm not positive, but I think I'd prefer the trip.

FYI, it breaks down like this: $5000 for the tourney entry, $1500 spending money, and a hotel stay worth $1500. I would have to finance my own travel.

So anyway, I come here for help. Here is the order of my preferences:

1. $8000 cash(by far, my 1st preference)
2. the trip and tourney entry
3. $6800 cash(#2 and #3 are fairly close)

So what should I say to PartyPoker in email?

Niediam 11-04-2005 08:05 PM

Re: Do I have a legit beef with PartyPoker here? What should I do?

I'd say legit beef... just make sure there isnt any 'fine print' that you missed somewhere.

jwvdcw 11-04-2005 08:11 PM

well, they just took the $6800 out of my account(I havn't sent any email at all yet), so maybe they are going to give me the trip

jwvdcw 11-04-2005 08:12 PM

I just wrote this email:

I won this tournament. At first, $6800 was credited to my account. Then it was taken out a few minutes later. What is going on? I thought that this was a satellite for an $8000 trip, but once the tourney started, the prize pool was "Total Prize Pool: $13600, 1st: $6800, 2nd:$4080, 3rd: $2720" It was as if it wasn't a satellite at all.

But now that $6800 has been taken away from me. So whats happening? If you want, I'll just take $8000 in cash if thats easier for you. Please let me know whats happening. Thanks.

Assani Fisher

FishNChips 11-04-2005 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, they just took the $6800 out of my account(I havn't sent any email at all yet), so maybe they are going to give me the trip

[/ QUOTE ]

either that or they read every post on this board, saw your post and decided to screw your ass to the wall.

Enjoy!
FishNChips

ps... congrats on the win

jwvdcw 11-04-2005 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

either that or they read every post on this board, saw your post and decided to screw your ass to the wall.

Enjoy!
FishNChips

ps... congrats on the win

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I actually did think about that.

Now that I think about it, I really want the trip more than $6800....would be a ton of fun and a great experience.

Thanks for the kind words.

AngusThermopyle 11-04-2005 08:33 PM

1st: $6800
2nd: $4080
3rd: $2720

But now they have to take the $4080 and $2720 back too.
2nd should get $2800, 3rd $1680 and the 4th place guy should get $1120 (instead of $0).
Do you think 2nd and 3rd will gripe if they redo the payouts the way they should have been?

jwvdcw 11-04-2005 08:46 PM

JUst called them on the phone. Talked with one guy who could barely speak Engligh at all. Talked to supervisor. She said that they are going to give me the trip, not the money, and thats why the money was taken out of my account.

So I'm going to London! I'm excited. PartyPoker's website is very vague on the details, but they do say that its a 72 player tourney with $5000 entry fee and prize pool of $360K. Will be me first tourney with an entry fee of more than $1060 ever, so I'm pretty excited. And it'll be on TV in Europe...should be cool.

jwvdcw 11-04-2005 08:59 PM

Can anyone tell me what this means:

The first heats are taking place from November 12 – 15, 2005, and the semi-finals and finals will be held in January, 2006.

LINK

What are "the first heats"?? I assume that I'm automatically in the semi finals, no? And why is there a semi finals and a finals...what kind of poker tournament is this?

11-04-2005 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone tell me what this means:

The first heats are taking place from November 12 – 15, 2005, and the semi-finals and finals will be held in January, 2006.

LINK

What are "the first heats"?? I assume that I'm automatically in the semi finals, no? And why is there a semi finals and a finals...what kind of poker tournament is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like the 6 player tourneys that they're showing on Poker Channel over here......normally 1 internet qualifier, 1 non-poker "personality" and at times 4 pros

each heat consists of 6 players....winner gets $2500(current one they're showing) and place in semi-finals

semi finals consist of 2 6 player tables played at same time(not on TV for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]) and final table consists of last 6 standing out of the two semi-final tables

normally each heat is sponsored by a poker site.....this could be worse, the British Open earlier in summer had a Full Tilt table with Lederer, Bloch and Jesus at same table....wouldnt fancy my chances comin outta that one...

Edit: make sure to post before u play so i can cheer u on from my sitting room [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edit....again: congrats [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]