Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Party Poker getting Tighter (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=238602)

mojobluesman 04-24-2005 03:20 PM

Party Poker getting Tighter

Anyone else notice it's virtually impossible to find a loose $1-$2 table at PP anymore?

The best I can find is mid 30s seeing the flop.

shadow29 04-24-2005 03:32 PM

Re: Party Poker getting Tighter

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else notice it's virtually impossible to find a loose $1-$2 table at PP anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 is weird.

[ QUOTE ]
The best I can find is mid 30s seeing the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. That's still a pretty damn good game.

Anyone playing 2/4 late last night? It was weird as anything. Can't even describe it. Played 1h 45m - +0 exactly. It seemed like everyone was being loose and nuts (but not maniacal) in any hand that I didn't play, then when I raised I would get like one caller, who would c/f the flop. Odd.

istewart 04-24-2005 03:35 PM

Maybe if you weren't a fat old bitch [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

mojobluesman 04-24-2005 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
then when I raised I would get like one caller, who would c/f the flop. Odd.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may seem mildly paranoid, but I think a lot more players are using Gametime and other similar softwares than we tend to think. If you are tight pre-flop, almost everyone will know it and respect your raises.

I've been using this insight in small NL games. I play very tight pre flop. It seems that when I do that, everyone assumes that I play really tight throughout the hand. So I get super aggressive post flop and people fold like crazy - which allows me to steal hands constantly.

jba 04-24-2005 03:44 PM

is this just 10max? I've been playing 10max today and it's been 21/7 pretty typically.

have you tried 9max? seems a lot better

shadow29 04-24-2005 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if you weren't a fat old bitch [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yes, that would help. Luckily I'm getting a face lift in a couple days.

MrEngenic 04-24-2005 03:47 PM

I've never really liked 1/2. People say it's like 0.5/1 but I don't think it's the same at all most of the times. Much tighter and more aggressive.

Isura 04-24-2005 05:38 PM

I'm usually one of the 3 loosest players at most 1/2 tables. No longer a moneybag. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But many of these tight players that use GT, PV are pretty terrible poker players regardless. I honestly thing that tools like GT have hurt the development of many players. If player has VP of 60, and a postflop aggression of 1.0, he is labelled loose passive. But for someone who plays 60% of his hands, an aggression of 1.0 is actually normal aggression (he probably bets the same number of hands as a tight player with an aggression of 3). I've reduced my dependence on these tools, focusing more an real reads (such as common lines, tendencies).

Here's an exercise for you PT-GT users: Try playing your next session with only VP$P and PFR displayed. And don't refer to any other stats during play. Do this for 1 week and let us know how it turns out. You will thank me later.

Rev. Good Will 04-24-2005 05:45 PM

^that should be reposted in it's own topic "Isura's challege"

mojobluesman 04-24-2005 05:47 PM

Interesting points. Thanks