Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Taking the passive route with TT in the Big Blind. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=83104)

Huh 04-29-2004 06:41 PM

Taking the passive route with TT in the Big Blind.

It’s a party 5-10 game. I have TcTh in the big blind. It’s folded around to the small blind who raises it. I just call.

The flop comes down Ac2s5d. The Small blind bets out. I just call.

The turn puts up the 6h. The Small blind bets out. I just call.

The river puts up the Qs. The small blind bets out. I just call.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

James Boston 04-29-2004 07:24 PM

Re: Taking the passive route with TT in the Big Blind.

[ QUOTE ]
I just call. I just call. I just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You've got terrible pot odds, and implied odds really, for chasing a set. And, if you thought your 10's were good, which they probably aren't, raise with them. Calling this down is completely wrong.

Huh 04-29-2004 08:34 PM

What possible reason could I have for thinking that a pair of tens is not the best hand in this situation?

If I do believe that a pair of tens is the best hand, why would I possibly want to raise if I did not raise pre-flop?

Eihli 04-29-2004 09:44 PM

"why would I possibly want to raise if I did not raise pre-flop?"

to win more money? i don't play 5/10 though, i hear its a different ballgame than 2/4

Huh 04-29-2004 10:42 PM

I do not wish to scare away an opponent with 6 or fewer outs. I like the money going into the pot post-flop. I do not want to put in any money with a worse hand that he surely won't fold.

-Huh

James Boston 04-29-2004 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What possible reason could I have for thinking that a pair of tens is not the best hand in this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a pre-flop raise and 2 overcards on board. I'm not saying it's definately not the best hand, but you haven't exactly tested its strength.

Crumpled Ear 04-29-2004 11:20 PM

I think I'd reraise preflop and if not there on the turn.

Huh 04-30-2004 08:21 AM

Results

I almost raised pre-flop, but decided to take this route. I think that if you raise pre-flop you have to take an aggressive route throughout the hand. If you call pre-flop, than the pot is rather small.

When I call pre-flop there are only two bets in the bet. When an Ace hits the flop, there is a chance I'm behind, but I don't think it's very large. On Party, players raise from this situation with alot of different hands.

If I am behind, I am far behind and have two outs, and I can't find a hand that is folding to aggression. Maybe on the turn, but who knows. It is party.

If I am ahead, my opponent could literally be holding anything. Doesn't really matter, cause anything I am ahead of may fold to any agression and won't be drawing correctly to six outs anyhow.

In this case he had KJ and I dragged the pot.
-Huh

CrackerZack 04-30-2004 08:42 AM

This is pretty ugly. Raise PF, on the flop, try the turn too. You have a huge hand with position heads up, play it as such.