Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   My friend got fired for saying "Merry Christmas" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405391)

12-26-2005 02:52 PM

My friend got fired for saying \"Merry Christmas\"

He worked at Modell's sporting goods, and a Jewish customer had bought something. He said "Merry Christmas", and the customer said "Thanks, but I celebrate Hanukah". He replied with: "Ok, have a merry christmas, remember the Christ". The Jewish customer was not amused.

Trantor 12-26-2005 03:19 PM

Re: My friend got fired for saying \"Merry Christmas\"

[ QUOTE ]
He worked at Modell's sporting goods, and a Jewish customer had bought something. He said "Merry Christmas", and the customer said "Thanks, but I celebrate Hanukah". He replied with: "Ok, have a merry christmas, remember the Christ". The Jewish customer was not amused.

[/ QUOTE ]
So he/she didn't get sacked for saying "Merry Chritmas"!!

tolbiny 12-26-2005 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So he/she didn't get sacked for saying "Merry Chritmas"!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sounds like your friend got fired for being a douche.

12-26-2005 03:49 PM

Yea, but that wouldn't have made as good of a title [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Also, I'm not sure what tone he used, it may have been joking but I assume that would still qualify as "douche".

hmkpoker 12-26-2005 04:17 PM

Your friend is a [censored] retard. I'd have fired him too.

12-26-2005 04:23 PM

This may be so, but wouldn't you agree that people are too uptight? I think your reply is a good example.

Don Olney 12-26-2005 04:24 PM

Just shows---friends of poker players ARE STUPID

12-26-2005 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just shows---friends of poker players ARE STUPID

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite a stereotype [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

hmkpoker 12-26-2005 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This may be so, but wouldn't you agree that people are too uptight? I think your reply is a good example.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, your friend was too genuinely stupid to realize that it wasn't a good idea to preach his religion openly to someone of a different faith in a place of business. If he did the sensible thing and said "Oh, well have a Happy Hanukkah," or just avoided the issue by saying "Have a happy holiday," then there's no cause for concern, but [censored] him, he's an imbecile.

12-26-2005 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, your friend was too genuinely stupid to realize that it wasn't a good idea to preach his religion openly to someone of a different faith in a place of business. If he did the sensible thing and said "Oh, well have a Happy Hanukkah," or just avoided the issue by saying "Have a happy holiday," then there's no cause for concern, but [censored] him, he's an imbecile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or perhaps he hated his job anyway, and decided it would be funny to pick on an uptight client.