Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   My losing streak wins!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401260)

bugstud 12-21-2005 06:06 AM

Re: My losing streak wins!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
somebody in this thread posted something about this probably not being that unusual for a barely above-break-even player.

I think this is very accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, you're now a losing player.

[/ QUOTE ]

bump

Jstyal 12-21-2005 07:52 AM

BoB, you're very self-awared about your leaks and playing methods that are in all likelyhood contributing to your poker shortcomings, so why not change them and become a consistent winner instead?

It's one thing to be incapable of changing our game because we don't know what we're doing wrong; it's another to know what we're doing wrong and do nothing about it.

If Poker is your only source of income, you must play to win.

-1000 BB in limit hold em is not a sign of winning play.

MicroBob 12-21-2005 08:08 AM

very true of course.

That post didn't quite come out the right way I don't think as I really wasn't trying to say that I'm still playing a long-term winning game.

I know I'm a losing player currently. I have said as much in this thread and elsewhere (to myself, GF, etc).

I was probably a barely-above-break-even high-variance player whose game has simply worsened into 'just plain losing' territory.

Everyone will have stretches where they don't play as well.
For most successful 2+2'ers they are still playing a winning game overall though because even a couple of little leaks they might have developed weren't enough to make them so bad as to be long-term losers.

For someone like me who wasn't that good to begin with...I was less able to afford such leaks because that would mean playing a losing game.

I guess I'm combining ideas of 'all players go through stretches where their game goes backwards a bit' with typical 'variance'.

I honestly don't think my game has gone backwards THAT much.
And I think I was already just barely getting by with a pretty inferior game to begin with.

However, I'm also willing to accept the possibility that I'm wrong about that and that my game has gone ridiculously far backwards.

kiddo 12-21-2005 12:20 PM

A graph over what? What do u want to know?

Those stats was from last 5-6 weeks, mostly 10/20 and 20/40, but I dont think they change a lot within those limits when its 6handed.

12-21-2005 03:26 PM

Looks like you stole my stock picks and graphed them.

How do you create this graph?

Thanks,
Pete

SNOWBALL138 12-21-2005 04:58 PM

bump. This thread rules. I hope things turn around for you microbob.