Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Out of line line with AJs in blinds? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368698)

TheHammer24 10-31-2005 01:45 AM

Out of line line with AJs in blinds?

Assume unknown opponents and that
I've been playing decent and haven't done anything out

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

mikeyvegas 10-31-2005 01:46 AM

Re: Out of line line with AJs in blinds?

I normally don't bet the turn here.

LImitPlayer 10-31-2005 01:48 AM

I'd check call this turn.

Betting the turn will not win you the pot and you don't want to face a raise and possible re-raise here.

bambi 10-31-2005 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too

TheHammer24 10-31-2005 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither do I [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

10-31-2005 02:05 AM

What is your normal play after you check/call the turn and you get your card on the river like in this example? Do you donk the river for fear of your opponents checking through or do you check hoping that your opponent value bets the river? If you do check through and UTG bets, the check/raise is obvious, but what if it's the Button who bets out? Do you call hoping for an overcall or do you raise risking both of your opponents folding?

TheHammer24 10-31-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your normal play after you check/call the turn and you get your card on the river like in this example? Do you donk the river for fear of your opponents checking through or do you check hoping that your opponent value bets the river? If you do check through and UTG bets, the check/raise is obvious, but what if it's the Button who bets out? Do you call hoping for an overcall or do you raise risking both of your opponents folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably shouldn't do the same thing every time, but overcall vs c/r depends on the likely hood your opponents will call two cold, call one, or fold no matter what. So it's read dependent.

I don't know in this situation if I would donk the river or c/r. Probably donk it since it's 2/4 and my opponents will likely call anyway. Maybe I'll get a bet/3-bet in

Cumulonimbus 10-31-2005 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assume unknown opponents and that
I've been playing decent and haven't done anything out

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

TheHammer24 10-31-2005 02:38 AM

I remember why I bet the turn here. I check/3-bet the flop, so my opponents are more likely to fold than had it been a standard c/r as it normaly is in this situation. The more I think abou it, the more i like betting this turn as a raise isn't even that bad.

nubs 10-31-2005 02:41 AM

Checking planning to check raise does not seem like a good idea here. You have a monster draw and want to build the pot. Checkraising will usually face the field with 2 bets here. Betting with the hopes of the pfr or someone elsing raising seems best here.