Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   2/4 6-Max Prima - A10o (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407367)

12-29-2005 09:03 PM

2/4 6-Max Prima - A10o

I've only been at the table a few orbits. BB appears to be loose/passive. PokerTracker has him at 50/5/0.5.

Prima 2/4 6-Handed

Hero is UTG+1 with Ad10c
1 fold, Hero raises, rest fold, BB calls

Flop {Kc 10s 2c}
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls

Turn {8s}
BB bets, Hero calls

River {7c}
BB bets, Hero calls

LoaferGee12 12-29-2005 09:06 PM

Re: 2/4 6-Max Prima - A10o

Looks good. Flush draws, QJ, worse 10s, pocket pairs will often play it like this.

toss 12-29-2005 09:09 PM

Looks good to me.

Obliky 12-29-2005 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good. Flush draws, QJ, worse 10s, pocket pairs will often play it like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with the read? Fish dont usually semi-bluff etc

12-29-2005 10:09 PM

i have two lines here that i like better.
my main line here against a passive player is to reraise the flop, bet turn, and check river UI.
alternately, you could just use the free showdown raise on the turn.
if he shows more aggression, it's an easy fold.
both of these approaches make use of your superior position to get extra money in when you improve and pay the same (or less)to see a showdown UI.

LoaferGee12 12-30-2005 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have two lines here that i like better.
my main line here against a passive player is to reraise the flop, bet turn, and check river UI.
alternately, you could just use the free showdown raise on the turn.
both of these approaches make use of your superior position to get extra money in when you improve and pay the same (or less)to see a showdown UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the times he donks the turn and/or river? Then you've really screwed yourself. Also, the 3-bet on the flop may even cause him to fold a worse hand on the turn.

LoaferGee12 12-30-2005 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with the read? Fish dont usually semi-bluff etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Only a few orbits and he really doesn't have much of a read. In headsup blind situations even passive players will get aggressive with less than top pair.

StellarWind 12-30-2005 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you raise the turn and get 3-bet you have to pay it off. You can either pay it off with money or you can pay it off by folding five quite decent outs in a 9 BB pot.

Save the free showdown idea for when your outs are no good if reraised.

I like the way SoulPower played this hand and wouldn't consider anything else against a passive player.

12-30-2005 01:34 PM

Results

BB showed AKo and MHING.

The reason I posted this hand is A10o has earned me -0.5 BB/100 over the last 5K hands and I'm trying to figure out why. After reading the responses I agree that this hand is pretty standard, but also wonder if a) there's anyway I could have found a fold if I looked hard enough, b) on the turn should I have taken a check-raise/fold to a 3-bet-or-if-he-pops-me-on-the-river line and c) is it worth it/possible to raise for info with a player this passive?

StellarWind 12-30-2005 05:45 PM

Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I posted this hand is A10o has earned me -0.5 BB/100 over the last 5K hands

[/ QUOTE ]
How many ATo hands have you been dealt in that stretch? 50? You want to discuss why you lost 25 BB playing 50 hands of poker!?

The answer is: because you happen to keep running into hands like AK.

It would be unusual over a mere 5000 hands not to have at least one popular hand show up negative EV.

Variance is god in this game. You may never play enough ATo hands in your life to get a solid estimate of its value.

PS: Stop trying to think of ways to fold MPTK heads up. Unless you want to be weaker than a dead kitten you can't do stuff like that. Multiway is another matter, but decent hands must be shown heads up.