Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My typical day (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379066)

fallout1234 11-15-2005 05:21 PM

My typical day

My background: last worked in 2002 as a programmer. left to take care of new baby. Start playing poker April, 2004.

Here is my typical day:

Get up around 9am. Get kid ready for daycare. Back home 10:30am and start playing 5/10-10/20. Stop playing around 3:30. Have lunch. Doing housing work...
Pickup kid around 5:30. After 9:00pm play some more poker till 12:00. Sometimes no poker at night.

My husband started around the same time as I. We had $1000 as our starting bankroll. Now we have worked it up to $40,000. Whenever I have a losing streak I want to start looking for a job , but I never really tried very hard.

I sometimes feel guity spending all my time playing cards instead of doing some real work. But if I had a regular job I don't think I will have any time playing. Tough decision.
Also I only earned 20K in more than a year. Not much compared to my old job.Good thing is I only "work" 4 - 5 hours a day.

Am I wasting my life here?

Benal 11-15-2005 05:24 PM

Re: My typical day

Why the daycare if you're home all day?

jba 11-15-2005 05:24 PM

not that it's any of my business, but why would you take the kid to day care if the two of you are home all day? I would think having the kid at home is one of the perks.

my suggestion: take out one or two 3-6 month contracts, get yourself to some office every day, remind yourself how bad work sucks.

11-15-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hey sis look. All mommy does is gamble on that computer all day. I wish our mommy played with us."

jba 11-15-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hey sis look. All mommy does is gamble on that computer all day. I wish our mommy played with us."

[/ QUOTE ]

how is mommy playing with them if they're at daycare?

fallout1234 11-15-2005 05:28 PM

I took care of my kid full time until he is 2. I think it's better he spend some time with other kids. My husband is a college teacher which means he has some days he doesn't have to go to office. but he is busy overall.

ChrisConstantine 11-15-2005 05:53 PM

Clearly you believe that spending this much time on this activity is a waste.

When I start to feel that way I simply play less and/or do more of the other stuff on the internet while I'm playing.

It appears you can make adjustments for the short term but you should be planning a major reduction in internet poker play in the future.

I accept poker as a career providing a service for other players to compete against but that's a stretch that took me 15 years to achieve. It's also easier to accept after having a few other careers.

fallout1234 11-15-2005 06:01 PM

I would assume people on this board won't consider poker as gambling?

11-15-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would assume people on this board won't consider poker as gambling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed Miller says it is gambling.

SamIAm 11-16-2005 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I accept poker as a career providing a service for other players to compete against but that's a stretch that took me 15 years to achieve.

[/ QUOTE ]That is SUCH a stretch, to the point that maybe it should count as a lie. I think you have to face the fact that you don't construct or provide anything in your line of work. That's ok; there are lots of jobs that earn money but don't necessarily add to society. But don't pretend you're "providing a service".
-Sam