Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   racism as a positive value.. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363874)

scalf 10-23-2005 08:15 PM

racism as a positive value..

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] clearly cultures quite often have collective values that other culture disagree with. it seems that it is necessary to take these differences into account when dealing with these other cultures..

therefore, i propose that it is healthy and necessary to be a racist... and we all are

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

jason_t 10-23-2005 08:16 PM

Re: racism as a positive value..

Do you know what culture means? Do you know what racist means? Do you realize its consequences?

jakethebake 10-23-2005 08:17 PM

I assume you also propose that it's healthy to be a troll. I remember why I kept you on ignore for so long.

La Brujita 10-23-2005 08:18 PM

Are you about to post another experience at the drive through?

MrTrik 10-23-2005 08:21 PM

You are a piece of dirt I spit on and then rub off my shoe.

10-23-2005 08:22 PM

Acknowledging cultural traits and tendencies doesn't truly make one a racist, though PC nits would have us think otherwise.

As long as you don't prejudge individuals based on these differences, I don't think you'd really qualify as a racist.

10-23-2005 08:26 PM

You are taking the current state of affairs for granted.

benfranklin 10-23-2005 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] clearly cultures quite often have collective values that other culture disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you have discovered that cultures have cultural differences. Brilliant.

Culture: The totality of socially transmitted behavior patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, and all other products of human work and thought.

Race: A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.

Race refers to physical characteristics. You may not like a physical characteristic, but you can't disagree with it. Your culture is apparently moranic, and I disagree with it.

rusellmj 10-23-2005 08:38 PM

Why do I need to be a racist in order to acknowledge cultlural differences?

TheBlueMonster 10-23-2005 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] clearly cultures quite often have collective values that other culture disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you have discovered that cultures have cultural differences. Brilliant.

Culture: The totality of socially transmitted behavior patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, and all other products of human work and thought.

Race: A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.

Race refers to physical characteristics. You may not like a physical characteristic, but you can't disagree with it. Your culture is apparently moranic, and I disagree with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
well said.