Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   The Rumor Mill--Politics Style (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288616)

PhatTBoll 07-08-2005 01:35 AM

The Rumor Mill--Politics Style

A little birdie told me that Messrs. Rehnquist and Stevens will be on fixed incomes in a few short hours. Oh, what fun.

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 01:41 AM

Re: The Rumor Mill--Politics Style

[ QUOTE ]
A little birdie told me that Messrs. Rehnquist and Stevens will be on fixed incomes in a few short hours. Oh, what fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man that would be so [censored]-ing awesome for no other reason than to witness the complete meltdown of some people including several posters here.

andyfox 07-08-2005 01:42 AM

I've also heard that R.B.G. is as sick as Rehnquist.

Dynasty 07-08-2005 01:43 AM

Rehnquist is expected. Everybody is ready for that.

But, Stevens is sort of a surprise, isn't it? I know he's very old (85?). But, I thought everybody was expecting him to try to get through the Bush second term and hope for a Democrat to get elected in 2008.

QuadsOverQuads 07-08-2005 01:46 AM

Gee, what an extraordinary circumstance that would be.

q/q

KDawgCometh 07-08-2005 03:39 AM

especially with O'Connor retiring, things could get very interesting. THe fact that the democrats can filibuster any Bush choice that they don't like could very well grind the Supreme Court to a halt for the rest of Bush's term

nothumb 07-08-2005 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
especially with O'Connor retiring, things could get very interesting. THe fact that the democrats can filibuster any Bush choice that they don't like could very well grind the Supreme Court to a halt for the rest of Bush's term

[/ QUOTE ]

You just talked about the SCOTUS and 'grinding' in the same sentence.

NT

Dynasty 07-08-2005 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
THe fact that the democrats can filibuster any Bush choice that they don't like could very well grind the Supreme Court to a halt for the rest of Bush's term

[/ QUOTE ]

???

I think the Republican members who signed that compromise filibuster agreement have made it abundantly clear that they aren't going to allow the Democrats to filibuster Supreme Court nominees just because they don't like them.

El Barto 07-08-2005 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The SCOTUS can operate with only 8 or 7 or 6 members if they want, no problem (they might have the occasional tie vote, but they don't have to be at full membership to proceed).

Non_Comformist 07-08-2005 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You Suck!