Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Gambling Games (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   whats the stupidest thing you gamble on? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=244706)

blaze666 05-03-2005 05:13 AM

whats the stupidest thing you gamble on?

i gamble unlimied stakes at naughts and crosses because i am unbeatable at it. i gamble on snooker, rock-paper-scissors, and poker (obviously). but also, if we are doing evens and i am a 51% or more favourite i will bet any amount.

KingMedicine 05-03-2005 01:06 PM

Re: whats the stupidest thing you gamble on?

over under on number of napkins given in a fast food restaurant's drive thru.

If you dont ask for napkins, typically 2.5 is o/u.
If you ask for napkins, the o/u is typically about 4.5.

Jeffage 05-03-2005 01:47 PM

Which lighted dot the train will stop closest to in the subway (the doors of a particular car).

Jeff

bholdr 05-03-2005 02:47 PM

slots.

(well, i'm bonuswhoring when i do... there are a couple buy $50 get +$200 slots only bonuses out there with 5k WRs- probably very marginally +EV... but i did one last night anyway... the plan was to play VP in an effort to double through [dammit, gimme a royal! i've played tens of Ks of vp hands while clearing bonuses, no royal yet] and then clear the WR with a more reasonable balance, hoping to survive the swings of videoslots... i hit 4 deuces on a 5$ bet about twenty minutes in, and then a pat dueces royal about ten minutes later... got the total up to about $600, and decided that was enough to survive, maybe hit a jackpot along the way [no luck on that front, though i did hit three $125 pays]. it was- i'm cashing out $650 right now)

i'm an idiot, but, today, a lucky one.

oh, my friend and i had these novelty 128 oz beer stiens when i was in college. we used to bet on who could finish first, and double for a new record (about twenty-two minutes by our junior year).

that was stupid, too, not just as a gamble, but in general.

gusser 05-03-2005 03:58 PM

High card is my biggest vice. I always pull the damn 2's.

gus

Tilty McTilterson 05-03-2005 06:29 PM

I used to smoke. Does that count?

Uglyowl 05-03-2005 08:10 PM

How many times one of our bosses says "UM" during corporate meetings. Last time was about 175 in 10 minutes. Keeps us a little awake.

The4Aces 05-03-2005 10:35 PM

high dice.

ToledoTommy 05-04-2005 04:21 AM

I've gambled on rock-paper-scissors fairly regularly with a friend. Another friend likes to make the tie bet and ends up getting 2-1 odds. The three of us have also gambled on PS2 games. I also bet on which of the guys on The Contender killed himself and I made some wagers on both who the next Pope would be and what name he'd take.

spoohunter 05-04-2005 01:32 PM

Gender of the lounge singer.