Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Yet another tipping situation (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343497)

CardSharpCook 09-24-2005 07:00 PM

Re: Yet another tipping situation

Your friend sucks donkey nuts and I'm glad that the dealer had the dignity to refuse his pathetic attempt at a tip.

Lestat 09-24-2005 07:09 PM

How much would you tip in a 4-8 game?

My normal toke is $1. If the dealer is exceptionally good I toke $2. But I play much higher limits. I also play professionally, which means toking and rake costs me close to $30,000.00 per year. I don't think people (especially dealers), realize that.

.50 cents seems reasonable to me for a 4-8 game.

eviljeff 09-24-2005 08:40 PM

this is an ingenious play on the part of your friend. he tipped in such a way as to cause the dealer to make a mistake according to TOP. nh.

StevieG 09-24-2005 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your friend sucks donkey nuts and I'm glad that the dealer had the dignity to refuse his pathetic attempt at a tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I regularly chastise stiffs, but I have to disagree here. The tip is subpar, but it is a tip. Tap the table, maybe spare the thanks and smiles, and move on. Start dismissing tips and maybe the real Georges at the table will clam up.

09-24-2005 08:44 PM

Tip $1 every other pot. What's the problem?

StevieG 09-24-2005 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tip $1 every other pot. What's the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or better yet, stack the oranges, and as soon as the next dealer comes in for his down, toss them over and say "Dealer X didn't want 'em."

The more I think about it, the less gracious I find this dealer.

Lestat 09-24-2005 09:00 PM

<font color="red"> Or better yet, stack the oranges, and as soon as the next dealer comes in for his down, toss them over and say "Dealer X didn't want 'em." </font>

I like that!

mostsmooth 09-24-2005 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That dealer would have received two tips from me, His first and his last.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I tip whenever I win a pot (as long as we see a flop) and regardless of the tip amount, I have never seen a dealer that was so high-n-mighty to refuse it. Who the hell does he think he is? Wow.

Never would tip him/her again. Unbelieveable.

[/ QUOTE ]
i would. i would keep tossing him the 50 cent chip, and let him toss it back to me.

lighterjobs 09-24-2005 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have put the chip back in the stack and not tipped him for a long long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

like, ever?

Ulysses 09-24-2005 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Or better yet, stack the oranges, and as soon as the next dealer comes in for his down, toss them over and say "Dealer X didn't want 'em."

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent.