Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Two Plus Two Internet Magazine (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Older articles - suggestion (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391048)

tonypaladino 12-04-2005 09:35 AM

Older articles - suggestion

I understand the reasoning behind keeping articles active for only 3 months, but would it be possible to create an index with the titles and a brief synopsis of the articles, along with contact information for the authors, so that we could contact them to see if the article is availabe elsewhere?

Ed Miller 12-04-2005 03:16 PM

Re: Older articles - suggestion

[ QUOTE ]
I understand the reasoning behind keeping articles active for only 3 months, but would it be possible to create an index with the titles and a brief synopsis of the articles, along with contact information for the authors, so that we could contact them to see if the article is availabe elsewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something I'd like to do, and it's in the queue of things to do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

tonypaladino 12-05-2005 07:55 AM

cool. thanks ed.

mackthefork 12-05-2005 08:27 AM

Is having an editor called Ed an example of irony? I am not American so I do not know.

Mack

BluffTHIS! 12-05-2005 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is having an editor called Ed an example of irony? I am not American so I do not know.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

That was probably a large consideration in Mason choosing him to be the editor.

MikeBandy 12-07-2005 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It’s ironic, Mack, that you’d ask about English usage in a forum where so many posters don’t know the difference between “your” and “you’re.” The reason it’s ironic is that it’s contrary to what one would expect.

Editors often sign their letters, “Ed.” When Ed Miller does so, he’s signing both his name and his title. This is coincidental, but not ironic. Those who wish to argue with me can find descriptivist dictionary definitions to prove their point. The fact remains that authorities like Fowler differentiate between terms like coincidental, sarcastic, and sardonic.

Does a magnet attract irony?

ZenMusician 12-07-2005 11:31 PM

I have just stumbled upon an even greater english nit than I!

if you play lose, you will loose...

-ZEN

BarronVangorToth 12-07-2005 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if you play lose, you will loose...

[/ QUOTE ]

Random comment:

One of the more amusing limit players at Foxwoods has an expression of "play loose; win big" that is a rather catchy mantra, however.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com