Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   huge pot for micro - how'd I play? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278779)

OtisTheMarsupial 06-23-2005 03:46 AM

huge pot for micro - how\'d I play?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

River: (24 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: 36 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Qs Qh (full house, queens full of fives).
Hero has Ac 9c (flush, ace high).
MP1 has 8s 8d (two pair, eights and fives).
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: SB wins 36 BB. </font>
Comments?

Henke 06-23-2005 04:01 AM

Re: huge pot for micro - how\'d I play?

I would just call preflop. I would probably just call the river too.

jmn32 06-23-2005 04:22 AM

I would probably fold preflop. I might call, but I am definitely not 3-betting.

Without any reads on SB, I would slow down on the river. If he's a maniac, I play the exact same way - most players will not play a non-nut flush (what you're really hoping he has, on this board) like this.

Sykes 06-23-2005 04:54 AM

Call pre-flop.
Flop is fine.
Slowdown on the turn to the SB 3 bet and call river.

Don't show results next time.

aK13 06-23-2005 04:55 AM

I'd call the turn 3bet.

Capping hands are AA, KK, QQ, maybe JJ, AK, and maybe AQ.
Since you have the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , it is very unlikely he is overplaying AA like this. KK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is a possibility. AK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] very unlikely. JJ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is not playing this way. No way for AQ.

KK/QQ are the only possible hands, but I doubt KK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] will do this, since they are not drawing to the nut flush, and it is pretty clear you hold a monster.

Sykes 06-23-2005 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably fold preflop. I might call, but I am definitely not 3-betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is almost never correct (in fact the only correct time to fold A9s to a raise pf is when you know the person is raising with AA 100% of the time and it is just heads up between you and the raiser) to fold A9s in the BB for 1 more bet.

In fact, you should never fold Axs in the bb for 1 more bet.

NDHand 06-23-2005 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call pre-flop.
Flop is fine.
Slowdown on the turn to the SB 3 bet and call river.

Don't show results next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly like I would have played it

aK13 06-23-2005 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very crappy advice. So much is read dependent and limper dependent.

Sykes 06-23-2005 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if you never folded Axs in the sb for 1 more bet, you wouldn't be making that much a mistake, even if you called with A6-8s all the time. You're putting in 2SB for a 7SB pot and the only hand where calling the raise is incorrect would be AA (And even this wouldn't be a mistake if you get 3-4 callers).

aK13 06-23-2005 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if you never folded Axs in the sb for 1 more bet, you wouldn't be making that much a mistake, even if you called with A6-8s all the time. You're putting in 2SB for a 7SB pot and the only hand where calling the raise is incorrect would be AA (And even this wouldn't be a mistake if you get 3-4 callers).

[/ QUOTE ]

7SB pot? HU is 3.5:1 pot. very read dependent whether to call or fold (or 3 bet, for that matter).