Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   At wit's end (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406149)

BillsChips 12-27-2005 08:19 PM

At wit\'s end

My last two Live 1/2 NL sessions were bad, very bad. I decided to start playing online and suffered bad beat after bad beat. After two months away from live poker, I decided it was time to get back on the horse, so I drove to a local club and sat down at a 1/2NL game with $300. I lost it all in about 3 minutes.

First hand, I'm in the big blind and check with J3o. Flop is J 6 4 rainbow. I bet $20 to see if anyone has a better jack and get 1 caller, UTG+1. Turn is 5. I have top pair and OESD. I bet $25 and get called. River is another 4. I bet $25 and UTG+1 raises to $50. I make a crying call with two pair and UTG+1 turns over 34o and wins hand with trip 4s.

VERY NEXT HAND:
I'm in sb with AA. MP raises to $8, I make it $20. All fold except MP raiser. Flop is Q 8 6 rainbow. I bet $30 and the guy calls. Turn is 2, no flush or straight draws. I go all-in for about $100. The guy calls and turns over pocket 4s. River is a 4 and I lose my second hand in a row to a 23-1 shot. Losing both is greater than a 500-1 shot. Losing both to trip fours is just crazy.

I started playing live after reading Gary Carson's and Ken Warren's books. I played a bit on the weak-tight side and won every time. I've now read all of the must-read books, spend my time checking out the 2+2 posts, play online, and practice with simulation software. Now I just can't win at all.

I recognized the guy who beat me out of the second pot from a previous session. I remember him as a calling station who just kept hitting the river. Why do these guys always seem to get rewarded for their ridiculous play?

I have about $600 left of my poker winnings. When that's gone, you'll be able to buy my collection of excellent poker books on Ebay.

Bill

woodguy 12-27-2005 09:48 PM

Re: At wit\'s end

[ QUOTE ]

I started playing live after reading Gary Carson's and Ken Warren's books. I played a bit on the weak-tight side and won every time. I've now read all of the must-read books, spend my time checking out the 2+2 posts, play online, and practice with simulation software. Now I just can't win at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you've recognized the source of your [censored] play, that's a start.

Regards,
Woodguy

Beavis68 12-27-2005 09:55 PM

you were playing 1/2NL with a $900 bankroll?

Don't learn quickly do you. Also, what did Carson ever write on NL?

BillsChips 12-28-2005 12:32 AM

Dear Sarcastic Morons,

Next time, try reading the post before you flame the poster.

Where does it say that my bankroll is $900? Where does it say that I'm currently following the weak-tight advise from the first two poker books I read?

I expected more from members of this forum.

12-28-2005 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Sarcastic Morons,

Where does it say that my bankroll is $900? Where does it say that I'm currently following the weak-tight advise from the first two poker books I read?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you implied that your bankroll was 900 because you lost 300, and if you lose 600 more you will quit poker. 300+600= 900.

HopeydaFish 12-28-2005 01:00 AM

You played two hands and lost them both. Obviously poker is not your game.

BillsChips 12-28-2005 01:13 AM

Oh for the days when people knew how to read.

I implied that my bankroll was $900 because I said I had $600 in poker WINNINGS left?

"You played two hands and lost them both. Obviously poker is not your game." You obviously didn't read the post.

tonypaladino 12-28-2005 03:05 AM

Bill,

perhaps you would feel better if you took a shower and cleaned out your vagina.

yvesaint 12-28-2005 03:17 AM

the obv answer is to practice with more simulation software... that stuff is the best

pokergrader 12-28-2005 04:05 AM

As far as im concerned there is no difference between poker winnings and bankroll. Money is money.

HopeydaFish 12-28-2005 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh for the days when people knew how to read.

I implied that my bankroll was $900 because I said I had $600 in poker WINNINGS left?

"You played two hands and lost them both. Obviously poker is not your game." You obviously didn't read the post.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I read it. It's just more fun to watch you rip your hair out in frustration at our obtuseness.

Will you be auctioning off those poker books, or just giving them away?

woodguy 12-28-2005 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Sarcastic Morons,

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear [censored],

I was refering to the fact that you started to lose once you started to read 2+2.

The obvious answer is to stop reading here.

Or quit poker.

Gluck,
Woodguy