Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Rusty (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404216)

Guido 12-23-2005 06:20 PM

Rusty

Hi all,

I haven't played a lot in the last couple of months and that's why I started some 5/10 a couple of weeks ago. What do you guys think about these 2 folds.

<font color="blue"> Hand 1</font>

I haven't played a lot at this limit so not many reads but I would like to know what you do without reads. The BB in this hand had a low PF and an aggression factor of about 1 but not too many hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Guido is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Guido caps</font>, MP calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, MP calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Guido bets</font>, MP calls, BB calls.

River: (13.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Guido bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Guido folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: 17.70 BB

<font color="blue"> Hand 2 </font>

No reads, no clue

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Guido is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Guido folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Thanks,

Guido

Feels good to be back...

12-23-2005 06:32 PM

Re: Rusty

i call both down.

scotty34 12-23-2005 06:38 PM

Folding hand 1 is probably +EV, but I don't think I can do it.

Hand 2 is good.

mxer7734 12-23-2005 06:39 PM

Hand 1: I call and start swearing when I see villian flip over TJ.

Hand 2: I also call and check/call the river.

Guido 12-23-2005 06:42 PM

Hi have it all,

Can you explain why you call them? Just telling me what you would do isn't going to help me.

Thanks,

Guido

Guido 12-23-2005 06:43 PM

Hi mxer7734,

Can you explain why?

Thanks,

Guido

MrWookie47 12-23-2005 06:44 PM

I definitely call hand 1. The pot is quite large, and there's a reasonable chance he has Q8 or 98 that we beat. It looks grim, but we really don't have to be ahead very much.

Hand 2 is probably a good fold, but I suck at folding these.

oxymoron 12-23-2005 06:44 PM

Hand #1: Oops I didn't realize you folded. Ah what? The pot is too big and you are ahead enough of the time for it to be profitable. I've been meaning to post a hand where I went crazy with AK and I was shocked I won when it was all done. 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s on the flop, one on the turn and 4 on the river and me w/out a heart. I capped preflop and the flop and nobody had a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Someone called me with 55 and nothing else was on the board. I think the other person had KQ.

Hand #2: I think you played this right and I think I really suck because I call this down here. Why didn't button cap the flop though? To get one or two more out of you?

scotty34 12-23-2005 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely call hand 1. The pot is quite large, and there's a reasonable chance he has Q8 or 98 that we beat. It looks grim, but we really don't have to be ahead very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt that he calls two cold in the BB with Q8/98, then proceeds to call two more cold on the flop (after the PF cap) with mid pair, weak kicker or TPWK. Provided that he does do this, I really doubt he raises the river with a weak two pair following huge action on previous streets, and a straight and flush possible.

oxymoron 12-23-2005 06:56 PM

I'm going to have to remember how hand#1 was played when I have a 2+2 type TAG in the hand [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

12-23-2005 06:59 PM

Sorry G.

I've seen your posts in archives etc and figured you'd know why i suggested it. I hate people just writing there line without an explaination.

Hand one - although i dont think your good here very often i have seen plently of people do this sort of thing with top pair hands or maybe Q9. I understand you have someone behind you but dont think he will have a better hand given the action. If you had a better read i would be more inclined to play as you did.

Hand 2 - Again with a better read i can fold, again its no read and i call down. Lots of players are doing this with PP imo with a spade imo for a free showdown.

i'd be happy to admit the way i play either is wrong, maybe i've just been running into alot of this sort of thing recently.

mxer7734 12-23-2005 07:07 PM

Heres a little more detailed response, although my reasoning could be off, I dont know.

Hand 1: I call because a.) the pot is very large and b.) Theres a chance the BB has a hand like Q9 or Q8 and we have him beat (although he would be a donkey to be calling 2 bets preflop with those hands)

Hand 2: You would be surprised how often villian has a weaker ace here, at least where I play (1/2) I call this down every time against an unkown, against a Tight passive I fold to his raise.

Guido 12-23-2005 07:09 PM

Guys, forget about hand 1. I just now see the two 4's. Stupid fold...

Thanks,

Guido

oxymoron 12-23-2005 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played a lot in the last couple of months and that's why I started some 5/10 a couple of weeks ago. What do you guys think about these 2 folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm jealous you have the roll to relearn your play at 5/10 though.

UncleSalty 12-23-2005 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2 is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ Hand 2. On Hand 1 I think he has AQ or KK often enough to make a river call good.

scotty34 12-23-2005 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2 is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ Hand 2. On Hand 1 I think he has AQ or KK often enough to make a river call good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have NEVER seen KK or AQ play a hand like this. If we are calling, its because we think there is a 1 in 20 chance that BB is retarded and has Q8 or 98 which hit two-pair on the river, and doesn't realize that he would still lose to an overpair, a boat, a flush, a straight, or any Q in the case of 98. Most people here seem to advocate a call here, but honestly, I really don't think we are good even 1 in 20.

ArturiusX 12-23-2005 10:15 PM

I like both folds, the villian can really only have 1 or maybe 2 hands in hand 1, and in hand 2 unless he's a maniac he can really only have the flush or a set.

Guido 12-24-2005 02:49 AM

I think relearning is a big word, I could play 30/60 again but it just feels nice to play some shorthanded at 5/10 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I will probably play at 30/60 soon if I can get some hands in.

Thanks for the help so far,

Guido

ArturiusX 12-24-2005 02:55 AM

I think 5/10 has become a bit more aggressive since you played it last, I could be wrong though. Let us know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Guido 12-24-2005 05:40 AM

I would say more aggressive and more lucky [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I can't beat them anymore anyway. I'm doing something seriously wrong or just a lot of bad luck.

Thanks,

Guido

cnfuzzd 12-24-2005 06:55 AM

hand one is probably a call, just because you have two pair and its 5/10, however, people are underestimate the potential affect of mp overcalling affecting our chances of being good. I agree we probably almost always have him beat. still...

hand two. The problem with this hand is that the hand you most want to put him on that we beat is a hand we chop with. The fold is probably okay, but i will still call this down on occasion. If i do make this call, i will fold any spade on the river obv.

peace

john nickle