Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   1/2 AQs a little new to this limit thing... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398893)

mythrilfox 12-15-2005 09:03 AM

1/2 AQs a little new to this limit thing...

Hey all, I'm still learning at limit, just wanted to see if this one was ok...

I have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button. MP posts a blind, CO limps, I raise, SB calls, BB folds, MP calls, CO calls. 4 to the flop of...

38Jr with one heart. All check, I bet, SB/MP call, CO check/raises, we all call.

Turn is a queen, SB/MP check, CO bets, I call, SB calls, MP folds.

River is a 4, MP checks, CO bets, I call.

How'd I do?

Jinx 12-15-2005 09:04 AM

Re: 1/2 AQs a little new to this limit thing...

I'd check the flop. Raise the turn.

spydog 12-15-2005 09:09 AM

I'd bet the flop and raise the turn.

BTW, at lower limits I will normally bet this flop because you are rarely getting CRed and your flop bet will generally give you a free ride to the river. Plus, this board is uncoordinated and you likely have the best hand.

Jinx 12-15-2005 09:11 AM

You don't think 2 limpers and a SB cold caller is going to have an 8 or a J pretty much 90% of the time?

mythrilfox 12-15-2005 09:13 AM

You check the flop on a dry board like this with two overcards and a backdoor flush draw? The chances of getting 2 free cards here seem immense to me. Plus, the way the flop played out (and this seems like it happens a good % of the time) I get a great price on those 2 small bets, since the others may be drawing with dominated hands such as AT and KQ.

I didn't want to raise the turn with 2 people still to act and 9T or QJ both distinct possibilities. (9T is also well within CO's hand range at this point given his flop play)

12-15-2005 09:21 AM

I'm with Spy Dog. Checking this flop is dangerous. Since Hero was the preflop aggressor, a check pretty much telegraphs I missed the flop or I plan on checkraising you donkeys.

Just because one of the opponents might have a J or an 8 is not the only consideration. The other key considerations here are: will a bet here win immed? if not, will a bet increase my chances to win later? Might I get a free card on the turn?

By checking here you give away all your advantages whether we are ahead or behind.

12-15-2005 10:09 AM

CO could be a problem, but I think you have to raise the turn. A call by you gives SB and MP 10:1 so you need to raise to protect your TPTK.

Without more info it is impossible to pin down CO's hand. The c/r could be a set, J8, or just pumping a draw.

car ramrod 12-15-2005 10:43 AM

I would raise the turn.

Obliky 12-15-2005 11:19 AM

I would have raised the turn..the flop c/r could mean a lot of things and its probable that your Qs are ahead.

Rest of the hand looks fine.

krimson 12-15-2005 11:22 AM

Raise the turn. You have position to face the field with two bets and probably now have the CO beat (good chance he has a J).