Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   SEC probes Doyle (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399909)

AAAA 12-16-2005 08:42 PM

SEC probes Doyle

SEC probes brunson's bid for WPT

GrannyMae 12-16-2005 09:31 PM

Re: SEC probes Doyle

this was inevitable. only disclosure will settle this. said disclosure will sink or exonerate him. i sure hope it is exoneration.
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Uglyowl 12-16-2005 09:41 PM

This story is starting to get mainstream press as well. Wonder how big a story it will become?

Rudbaeck 12-16-2005 10:08 PM

Someone made alot of money in that circus.

While I feel for Doyle I somehow don't see how he can be blameless in this. But on the other hand I can't see him being stupid enough to try this kind of moronic trick either. Oh well, I am fairly sure the SEC will manage to pierce attorney privilege and take this to court. Will be interesting to see who pulled the strings.

BassMasterK 12-16-2005 10:09 PM

The stock collapsed from 29 to 6 a share after the bid fell through. There were many people who lost a bundle and are going to be very happy to hear this news. They have been crying for an investigation from the start and I didn't think it would really happen. I lucked out and sold at 28.

AAAA 12-16-2005 10:16 PM

what grounds would they use to pierce attorney client privilege?

I can think that when attorneys are acting as businessmen, they should lose that privilege, but if they were advising him, and he confessed to something, that shouldn't be admissible.

I am concerned that this doesn't blow the whole poker world to pieces. Don't know who is old enough to remember what the $64,000 question scandal did to tv game shows. I would hate to see online poker get tarred with that brush.

GrannyMae 12-16-2005 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can think that when attorneys are acting as businessmen, they should lose that privilege, but if they were advising him, and he confessed to something, that shouldn't be admissible.

I am concerned that this doesn't blow the whole poker world to pieces. Don't know who is old enough to remember what the $64,000 question scandal did to tv game shows. I would hate to see online poker get tarred with that brush.

[/ QUOTE ]

martha stewart has never been so big since her scandal.

people will not stop playing poker because the old boys's club pulled a fast one on a lightly traded (relatively speaking) security.

Sponger15SB 12-16-2005 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i sure hope it is exoneration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, why? He looks pretty guilty! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

memphis57 12-16-2005 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Patriot Act.

And, as for what relation this might have to terrorism, well everybody knows that all illegal perpetrators hang together, so it's not at all unlikely that online poker is funding Al Queda.

(This is sarcasm, but only just barely - they're already using Patriot Act powers widely in the war on drugs.)

Beavis68 12-16-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i sure hope it is exoneration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, why? He looks pretty guilty! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guilty of what?