Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   $3/$6 hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399711)

Roland 12-16-2005 03:04 PM

$3/$6 hand

No notes on these two unfortunately, but nothing out of the ordinary as far as I could tell.
Discuss.

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

4th Street - (4.17 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.58 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (6.58 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.58 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___raises
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___folds

Total pot: (14.58 BB)

PoorLawyer 12-16-2005 04:18 PM

Re: $3/$6 hand

by BETS on third, does that mean you came in for a completion? I would probably raise 4th and hope to get it heads up, especially if you already showed aggression by coming in for the full bet.

On 5th, I would be troubled that you have a dead A and 4 and are drawing very thin if he does have the flush. But then his check on 6th tells me that your hand is good and a bet is in order.
I probably check the river but I think my river play is a bit weak after discussions on here the last couple weeks.
I dont know if I could lay down the river. He may be a donk and just backed into kings up, thinking they are good over the Qs on board and guessing you didnt have trip 4s with the dead 4 out there and not seeing anything else too scary out there.

Roland 12-16-2005 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by BETS on third, does that mean you came in for a completion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

BTirish 12-16-2005 04:21 PM

What makes it tough is that he might be willing to raise with K's up in this spot. I think check-calling the river is the better plan in this spot--you have to be worried that either one of them have a draw that got there, but you should be willing to pay off with aces up given the previous action and the fact that your hand is concealed.

benwood 12-16-2005 04:57 PM

4th:I like the call here.If you rase & seat 3 has a strong draw,it's likely that he won't leave,& then he'll be tied into the hand.

5th:I would rather raise now & try to lose #3.Seat 6's powerful board will help persuade him to leave.

River:Getting 13 1/2 to 1,I would prefer to call.

preiserone 12-16-2005 06:13 PM

I kind of like the fold, one of these guys has to have you beat. When T86 wakes up on the river and raises you I think he has to have something here, better than kings up my guess is a flush but could be a straight. QQ calling 2 bets with the chance of a 3-bet/cap coming has to be pretty strong to, I think he just has Q's up but he could very well be stronger than that.
That said, i usually call because I'm getting a great price but you are almost definately beat so folding is probably right.

TheSalche 12-16-2005 09:51 PM

3rd: I personally never bet from the BI (leak in my game?, it comes off as confusing but most people aren't smart enough to realize you're actually trying to show strength

4th: Good
5th: I agree, c/r ing here is a good idea to try to get seat 3 out, and if you can't then you're probably going to be outdrawn here
6th: Really confusing looking to me when you check 5th, then bet sixth when you're opponent with the scary board improves
7th: Good fold, seat 3 probably just hit his club draw, you almost never have the best hand here, kings up doesn't make much sense given the action. I agree with Trish, check/call here is probably the best/cheapest line.

frappeboy 12-17-2005 12:21 AM

I think against the average player you should fold the river here. Keep in mind though i have seen people raise with stuff like kings up in a spot like that. I'd be more willing to call in this spot with pocket aces rather than split aces because your strength is more hidden.

Having said that I would still fold here.

jon_1van 12-17-2005 12:42 AM

Anyone fold 4th.

I probably wouldn't do so at the time. But you are probably up against at least 1 4 flush. And you have a dead 4 and a dead A.

It seems you best case scenario is that you are against a pair in 2 spots. But if this is the case you don't have a monstrous edge. Yes, you have an edge. But if you are against 1 4-flush you aren't quite sunk. But if you are against 2 you are messed up bad.

Roland 12-17-2005 12:59 PM

I’d like to hear more thoughts on 5th streets. Two people have said they would check-raise. I’m not so sure that’s a good idea -
Also, who bets 5th?