Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I Just Took SECOND Place at The Gaming Club (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=314128)

CLC 08-12-2005 11:44 PM

I Just Took SECOND Place at The Gaming Club

Forgive me if I come off as bragging, but I guess I am. This is a big deal to me.

I have been dabbling with MTTs for the last couple weeks. Mainly playing smaller tourneys with small buy-ins. I have done pretty good, making "the money" several times.

I got a phone call from The Gaming Club Wednesday advising me that there was a "special" $5000 Freeroll that I was eligible to play. I took them up oon the offer and tonight I played in the tourney.

I TOOK SECOND PLACE. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The prize was $975.

nervous 08-13-2005 12:01 AM

Re: I Just Took SECOND Place at The Gaming Club

nice job

dizong 08-13-2005 12:02 AM

Congratulations man

HavanaBanana 08-13-2005 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Forgive me if I come off as bragging, but I guess I am. This is a big deal to me.

I have been dabbling with MTTs for the last couple weeks. Mainly playing smaller tourneys with small buy-ins. I have done pretty good, making "the money" several times.

I got a phone call from The Gaming Club Wednesday advising me that there was a "special" $5000 Freeroll that I was eligible to play. I took them up oon the offer and tonight I played in the tourney.

I TOOK SECOND PLACE. The prize was $975.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watta Playa! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ToT

groo 08-13-2005 03:16 AM

So that was you that beat me, I was 6th. Good job!!

Nice freeroll, wasn't it? 68 players for $5000 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

smartalecc5 08-13-2005 03:21 AM

haha, the OP forgot to mention there were 68 players!!

damn - thats like real good overlay.

08-13-2005 04:30 AM

congratulation!!
and good luck for the next one!

Benholio 08-13-2005 05:26 AM

Wow, last $5k freeroll I got to play there had 400+ players. Isn't it too bad we don't have an insider around here to get us into some good opportunities like this one? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

CLC 08-13-2005 09:25 AM

Yes it was a nice Tourney. I apologize if I knocked you out (well, maybe a small apology). I too, had not played at Gaming Club since they had their $300 bonus. Kinda of a nice "please come back" promotion.

I wasn't sure if I was going to get to play. I usually get home from work late on Fridays had had less than an hour to DL the software, get login info, etc. I had a few problems and had to get on phone with support. I managed to register with almost 15 minutes to spare.

As for the 68 players, I was amazed. I expected way more. I kept waiting for the ticker to take off.

Keith Fellmy 08-13-2005 11:00 AM

congrats even though we now hate you.

Yea there is a special site that I play that has a 5 digit freeroll for qualified players and gets a similar amount of players. I always cash in at that tourney. Lots of fun.