Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Choice expands rake rebate (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=70644)

itsmarty 02-29-2004 05:54 PM

Choice expands rake rebate

Here's an excerpt from an email I just got from Choice:

[ QUOTE ]
ChoicePoker is excited to announce that we have expanded our Charter
Membership Program.

In case you have not heard our Charter Membership is a way to give loyal
players who play a certain amount of time at ChoicePoker a permanent
rake rebate on every hand they play. Payout periods are every two
weeks. In return Charter Members give us feedback on ways to make our
site better. Its a win for the player and a win for ChoicePoker!

For this next pay period and beyond, we are enhancing our Charter Member
payout structure. Any charter member playing at least 5 hours will
receive a 30% rake rebate. Any charter member playing at least 10 hours
will receive a 40% rake rebate and any charter member playing at least
15 hours will receive a 50% rake rebate!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The contact email address for Charter Memberships is charter@choicepoker.com, and you can also get more info from their website. I stand to gain nothing from anyone joining this program at Choice, other than more players = more tables where I can get my hours in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Martin

Dingo Puppet 02-29-2004 06:21 PM

Re: Choice expands rake rebate

Tell Choice to begin some real money multi's too. All I've seen so far are league games and freerolls.

itsmarty 03-01-2004 12:17 AM

So far I haven't seen them get a real money SNG off the ground, never mind a multi [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

They've had a $1/2 game running pretty consistently all day, with some shorthanded $2/4 and $3/6 as well, so hopefully the word about the rake rebate is getting out.

Martin

Dingo Puppet 03-01-2004 01:04 AM

That is true, like to see them offer one though. So I just played two hours there myself. Up 4 bucks!! Woo hoo. I figure I'll go for the 15 hours for the 50% rake rebate. I talked about supporting sites like this, I should at least then support it. I think I'll play between 10 and midnight while they have the high hand promo going.

Choice1 03-01-2004 03:33 AM

Ujek-

Actually we have been playing around with the idea of having some twoplustwo multi or single game tournaments. We are aware of True's twoplustwo tourney.

If you or anyone here have suggestions on a tourney format you would like to have as a forum, we are all ears.

Best regards,

Jon Comer
ChoicePoker

Dingo Puppet 03-01-2004 05:05 AM

Choice1,

If you do get a tourney going, would you consider starting with 1500 chips and 12 minute levels? With blinds after the first hour also?

As far as getting a 2+2 tourney off the ground, that is easy. Just tell them I'll be there. There's at least 200 people here that hate my guts and want to kick my ass. If you were smart, you'd put a bounty on me also. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Sheriff Fatman 03-01-2004 05:56 AM

I assume you mean Ante's not blinds after the first hour.

I'd go along with this suggestion. Whatever format, I'd suggest not allowing any all-in protection for tournaments in general (not that I'd expect any respectable 2+2 player to abuse it).

Other than that it'd need a workable bet slider for PL/NL events and, not that I've seen it in tournaments yet at Choice, a clear way to identify amounts bet. I had problems at the 1/2 ring table determining calls from raises by looking at the chip stacks.

Other than that I think the idea could potentially be a great way to attract more players, although not exactly the type of players I want to meet at the tables!

Twisty 03-01-2004 06:09 AM

From 30 to 50 per cent...Im still waiting for 100% rake return so we can get those 15-30 games fired up!

Dingo Puppet 03-01-2004 09:41 AM

Yes, antes is what I meant.

I wonder how long they will offer this 50% rake rebate? Seems to good to be true.

Choice1 03-01-2004 01:06 PM

Ujek-

1200 chips and 12 minutes between blinds are no problem. I will have to check on the antes and let you know. If anyone here would want to help us organize an 2+2 tourney event please let us know. And if the majority want a bounty on your head, Ujek, then we will have to satisfy the masses;)

Jon Comer