Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Stars VIP = Cash??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405288)

imported_leader 12-26-2005 11:32 PM

Re: Stars VIP = Cash???

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you just explain how it is legally fraud?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I don't feel like arguing about it. You want to do it good luck.

12-26-2005 11:34 PM

because you are wrong.

imported_leader 12-26-2005 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because you are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need another star troll.

12-26-2005 11:37 PM

blah blah blah, I know you wanted to be right, but you simply aren't. Thanks for playing.

imported_leader 12-26-2005 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
blah blah blah, I know you wanted to be right, but you simply aren't. Thanks for playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

First person on my ignore list congrads.

Synergistic Explosions 12-27-2005 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to be your second.

imported_leader 12-27-2005 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to be your second.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. I plan on keeping it a select group. I can't just let anyone in or it would lose it prestige. You understand I hope.

obsidian 12-27-2005 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm thinking about taking the dell cards, scouting for smoking hot dell deals, and flipping on ebay...

thoughts?

there are people doing this on fatwallet all the time with cash

[/ QUOTE ]

That's likely the best way to deal with it, though I'm not sure how often the deals are just for Dell.

[/ QUOTE ]
You could probably just sell the Dell cards on ebay and make most of the $2k back.

Ok, I've done a little math. I play $15/30 or $20/40 and it looks like about 83% of all hands are raked for >= $1. 125,000 points are needed for a $2000 dell gift card. That works to around 150,000 hands to play. Now I will assume Supernova status which means you earn points at 3.5x the rate so now I need to play 43,000 hands for the $2000 gift card. My average rake per hand at PP 15/30 full is $.23. This means I would generate abut $10k in rake to earn a $2k gift card so about 20% rakeback minus how much I lose in the ebay sale (about $100 I'm guessing).

Sniper 12-27-2005 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an idea I have been working on: If you purchase the Dell gift certificate, then place an order and pay for part of your order with your Visa card, then return the order, you will get credited the full purchase amount on your Visa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Minus shipping costs both ways [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

(... and they might just reactivate your gift card) LOL

MicroBob 12-27-2005 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This means I would generate abut $10k in rake to earn a $2k gift card so about 20% rakeback

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

Looks like you did the math correctly to me and 20% rakeback ain't half-bad.

Also consider that if you keep playing on you will get an even better percentage (it won't take another 43k hands to get your next dell certificate once you are already supernova).
So the more you play the higher your value gets...perhaps up to 25%-ish or so with lots of play.

Also the occasional reload bonus that I'm assuming they will still offer (although perhaps not).

And also the value of all those freeroll tourneys in there should you decide to take part in those (and possibly other deals and value that Stars gives along the way)