Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Most Interesting Drinking game you've heard of (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359944)

Reef 10-18-2005 03:11 AM

Most Interesting Drinking game you\'ve heard of

Post the most interesting drinking game you've heard of

Tour de Franzia
teams of 3 compete to finish a box of Franzia "wine" first.

Exitonly 10-18-2005 03:14 AM

Re: Most Interesting Drinking game you\'ve heard of

how much is in a box?

Sponger15SB 10-18-2005 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how much is in a box?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.lovotti.com/brochures/Ima...sp%20White.jpg

PoBoy321 10-18-2005 03:21 AM

I've found that drinking games generally fall into 3 categories: card games, if x then drink games and sports. Card games would be games like kings, mushroom or circles of death where you pull a card out of a deck and depending on the card, either do something or drink a certain amount. If x then drink games are like the Family Guy drinking games where every time Stuey acts gay have one drink, every time Peter talks about his ancestors have 3 drinks, etc. Sports games would be like Beer Pong, Flip Cup or Quarters where there's some type of physical act that involves some skill.

Therefore, I think that the most interesting drinking game would have to involve something that doesn't fit into any of these categories, and I think that the best example would be Drinking Checkers. It's where you play checkers but instead of pieces, you use sho glasses and every time your piece gets jumped, you have to drink it and if you get kinged, your opponent has to drink it. By far, the most intellectually stimulating drinking game ever.

Exitonly 10-18-2005 03:26 AM

i absolutely hate card drinking games... but 'if x then drink' and sports are great.

Drinking Checkers sounds good, what do use in the shots? Vodka or something similar could get messy quick, 12 shots each for checkers right?

diebitter 10-18-2005 03:27 AM

In London, there's a tube line that is a circle (ie never ending), called appropriately enough 'the circle line'. I believe it has 22 stops, and the idea is to start at one station, get off at each station, find a bar, drink 1/2 a pint of something, and then head back to the station to the next stop.

The real game includes the provision of directions at each stop to the nearest bar, and the idea is you jump off, get your drink, down it, and get back in time for the next train (say, 5-8 minutes?)

hobbsmann 10-18-2005 03:28 AM

I've always really liked 7/11/doubles

PoBoy321 10-18-2005 03:30 AM

I think that the game you're playing isn't nearly as important as the people you're playing with. Personally, I love sports games, like a couple of card games and can't stand the if x then drink games. The sports games are just fun because they bring out that crazy competitive streak in me. The few card games that I like, I like because they can get competitive or fun with a lot of interaction, especially kings. The if x then drink games, though, I don't like only because they seem so monotonous, like you could say "Every time the minute hand on the clock moves, drink" and it'd basically be the same thing, because you're not focusing on the people you're playing with, you're focusing on the thing you're watching.

dibbs 10-18-2005 03:31 AM

God I hate franzia.

One of my roommates would always have his friends over and play wine pong. I thought it was bizzarre.

Edward 40-hands is probably the most twisted I've seen.
You ducktape a 40 into each of your hands real solid like. You cannot remove either (which means its pretty hard to piss and still look respectable) until both are completed.

Tron 10-18-2005 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that the game you're playing isn't nearly as important as the people you're playing with. Personally, I love sports games, like a couple of card games and can't stand the if x then drink games. The sports games are just fun because they bring out that crazy competitive streak in me. The few card games that I like, I like because they can get competitive or fun with a lot of interaction, especially kings. The if x then drink games, though, I don't like only because they seem so monotonous, like you could say "Every time the minute hand on the clock moves, drink" and it'd basically be the same thing, because you're not focusing on the people you're playing with, you're focusing on the thing you're watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, everything about this post is correct.

PoBoy321 10-18-2005 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In London, there's a tube line that is a circle (ie never ending), called appropriately enough 'the circle line'. I believe it has 22 stops, and the idea is to start at one station, get off at each station, find a bar, drink 1/2 a pint of something, and then head back to the station to the next stop.

The real game includes the provision of directions at each stop to the nearest bar, and the idea is you jump off, get your drink, down it, and get back in time for the next train (say, 5-8 minutes?)

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds awesome. I'm gonna have to go to London just to try it.

diebitter 10-18-2005 03:32 AM

I'm in.

The only downside is, you play this at a time the bars are busy, there's no way you can get drinks in that fast. But that'll just have to be an allowable offence, I guess.

Also, if you play it right, you can pick up taggers (girls preferably, but crazy tourists also seem game and are fun) as you go, which is even more fun.

MasterShakes 10-18-2005 03:35 AM

By far the most fun drinking game I have ever played is "Beer Die". There are two people on each of two teams. You need four cups of beer, a table, four chairs, and a single, ordinary 6-sided die. There might be variations on the rules, but this is how we play:

1) People are seated at each of four corners of a preferably long table that produces good bounce for the die.

2) The die is tossed by one side (alternating players with each toss). If the die is not tossed at least as high as the tallest seated player (while seated), the toss is no good. The toss must hit the table and then travel between the cups at the other end of the table (the cups are placed at the four corners of the table). If the toss is caught by the other team, then they toss. In order for a catch to be good, it must be with ONE hand and can use no other part of the body. If not, the catch is no good. If there is no catch or the catch is no good, that's a point.

2) 5 points for either side ends the game

3) 5 sips = 1 point. Sips can be obtained by your toss hitting the opposing team's cup, if a toss is not high enough, or if a player's toss misses the table completely.

4) If a toss actually falls into the opposing team's cup, then that team must finish their beers.

5) If a toss stops completely on the table and lands on 5, the tossing team must finish their beers, and spit out the die. If the die falls off the table during the spitting out process, that team must finish again. If, after spitting out the die, it lands on 5 again, that team must finish again. This is done until it stays on the table and it's not a 5. The same rule applies if at any time a player sets the die down on the table (for whatever reason), and it is a 5.

You could play without the finishes, but that's just not as fun. There are lots of variations on the rules, but I think the way we play is best.

diebitter 10-18-2005 03:36 AM

If you played this with Bitter (English ale - you guys know that?), could you call it 'die bitter' ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

tonypaladino 10-18-2005 03:37 AM

Here are some "if x" games I've done:

Family Guy: Whenever there is a flashback or cut-away

Futurama: Whenever bender is rude (inspired by the opening screen of an episode: "When You See The Robot, Drink!"

Olymics: Whenever they show the flame.

2004 Debate: Whenever Kerry says "Thank You" or Bush says "um"

Hannity & Colmes: Whenever sean hannity inturupts the guest.

Big Lobowski: Whenever the dude has a drink (everyone's done this one right?

WSOP: Whenever a commentator makes an ex-wife joke or says "wow"

Really Obscure DVD Commentary Games:

Futurama: Whenever a producer/writer/actor asks the animators "Is that 3d or 2d?" or an animator says "That was hard to stage"

Simpsons Season 1: Whenever they remark about how terrible the animation is.

Escape 10-18-2005 03:40 AM

We did the 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes game last saturday. It was a lot of fun, my favourite for sure. We downloaded a lot of songs about beer which made it even more fun. Nearly everyone ended throwing up, except for me. The downside - I could barely walk by the end of the night though. After a couple more pints.

MasterShakes 10-18-2005 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you played this with Bitter (English ale - you guys know that?), could you call it 'die bitter' ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Exitonly 10-18-2005 03:40 AM

Power hour and a half? That definitely would not be good for my 135 pound frame.

Sponger15SB 10-18-2005 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its easily "13 drinks"

Only 4 people can play, and everyone is given a suit and then someone flips over each card in a deck and you drink each time your suit shows up.

ChipWrecked 10-18-2005 03:44 AM

Too long ago for you young guys, but a popular dorm game in my day was 'Bob Newhart' (the Chicago series): When a character says "Bob" drink, when character says "Hi, Bob" chug. Good way to get hammered in 30 minutes.

Ponks 10-18-2005 03:46 AM

You have to try this game, I've never found anyone that didnt like it.

The game is called shoulders. Ideal group size 5-6. 7 is alright.

It's a counting game 1-21.

First person starts off by hiting either shoulder across their body and saying 1. The shoulder he hits is the direction the count goes.

So, right hand to left shoulder while saying 1, then person to your left has 2, and the game continues with 2 up to 6 with counting via shoulders.

On 7 you raise your arms out straight out from your body like an equals sign (=) with one hand pointing to the person on your right and the other pointing to the person on the left. For 7 the count goes to the person the top hand is pointing to.

On 17 the count goes the direction of the bottom hand, then on with 18-20.

After either of these outcomes the count continues on to 8 and 9 with counting going by shoulders.

On 10 you just point to someone and say 10 rather then hitting your shoulder. Then count continues on with 11-16 via shoulders.

At 21 you point to anyone you want and say exactly "21 Drink your beer"

If you mess up at any point you take a good gulp of beer and have the privledge of starting up the next game at 1. If you hesitate too much (too much defined as someone has to call it out, within reason) you have to take a good gulp. If someone points to you with "21 Drink your beer" you have to chug your beer and start back over with 1. Anytime the game stops the person who had to drink starts the next game off, faster the better.

It's a pretty damn fun game if you're playing with people who are pretty decent. We can get 21 often and everything is pretty quick (including the chugging and starting up of the next game) and we always have near a full beer or a full beer. I was thinking of taping us sometime and sending it in to some website. Very fun to play and watch.

Average beers/hr = 4-5.

We typically play this for an hour and a half to 2 hours before heading out to the bars.

Ponks

Tron 10-18-2005 03:48 AM

Yeah... I'm pretty sure I differ on almost every one of your rules when I play with my friends, but Beer Die in general is awesome.

ethan 10-18-2005 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My preferred Lebowski drinking game is one where you drink every time anyone says "dude" or any variant thereof.

mason55 10-18-2005 03:49 AM

We used to play drinking Mario Party on GameCube.

Play 40 rounds.

Each time you don't win a mini-game you take a drink.
Each time you get a star you get to give out one drink for each star you have.

Uh. Dammit. I can't remember any more of the rules. Stupid brain damage. But it was really fun. Just make them up, Mario Party lends itself to drinking games very well.

Exitonly 10-18-2005 03:49 AM

that game just made my brain explode, i can't imagine while drunk.

Ponks 10-18-2005 03:50 AM

Easier to explain in person. I tried to explain as best I could, took me quite a while to type it. You'll get the hang of it quick, just give it a try.

Ponks

Vavavoom 10-18-2005 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

* 100 shots of beer in a 100 minutes....

Tron 10-18-2005 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My preferred Lebowsky drinking game is one where you drink every time anyone says "dude" or any variant thereof.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there is The Big Lebowski Drinking Game, then there is The Lebowski Challenge.

In the drinking game, you drink every time you hear "Dude."

In the Challenge, you drink a White Russian every time the Dude does, smoke a J every time the Dude does, and drink a beer every time the Dude does (Miller High Life?).

Ponks 10-18-2005 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Power hour and a half? That definitely would not be good for my 135 pound frame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Typically called Century Club for those wondering.

Ponks

Ponks 10-18-2005 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My preferred Lebowsky drinking game is one where you drink every time anyone says "dude" or any variant thereof.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there is The Big Lebowski Drinking Game, then there is The Lebowski Challenge.

In the drinking game, you drink every time you hear "Dude."

In the Challenge, you drink a White Russian every time the Dude does, smoke a J every time the Dude does, and drink a beer every time the Dude does (Miller High Life?).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty rough, especially if you make a true white russian. From what I remember I think he has 6, maybe 7. I definitely recommend trying this one, lots of fun, atleast the drinking aspect. Try going out to the bars afterwards too, haha.

Ponks

hobbsmann 10-18-2005 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah... I'm pretty sure I differ on almost every one of your rules when I play with my friends, but Beer Die in general is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah we played Beer Die standing up, but either way a great game.

Escape 10-18-2005 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rules?

hobbsmann 10-18-2005 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rules?

[/ QUOTE ]

These were the rules from a Beer Die tournament I played in a couple of years ago with buddies from college. I also played slightly different rules with other friends, but all variations involved standing.

Rules:
1. Never say five (say biz instead)
2. 2 teams of two players
3. Teammates always drink together
4. Play to five
5. First team to five wins (you dont have to win by two)
6. Beers placed one finger length from each side, at the corners of the table
7. Play may only take place while all four beers are on the table
8. Die must be thrown higher than the tallest person. If low, throwing team take a drink.
9. Teammates alternate throws
10. Catch using 1 hand only: 1 drink for violation
11. No trapping (using any combination of a hand and any other part of your body): 1 drink for violation
12. Hit a cup (plink):
1. If die drops, catching team take a drink
2. If die is caught, throwing team take one drink
13. If die does not hit table, throwing team take one drink
14. Die goes in cup (plunk): throwing team take one drink
15. If die is plunked, catching team must finish beer then spit die onto the table. If die reads five after being spit, spitting team must refill and finish again.
16. If at any point during the game the die is on the table reading five, the last team having touched the die finishes beer
17. If the word five is spoken at any time during the game: Speaking team finishes beer

How to Score:

1. Die hits table and goes between cups, catching team does not catch die: 1 point for throwing team
2. Plunk: 1 point for throwing team

Amendments:

1. When die is spat, it must come to rest on the table, otherwise it is spat again
2. Drink beer at an efficient rate, God has jurisdiction over pussy drinking

hyde 10-18-2005 07:25 AM

catagories.
I recall some sort of rythmic hand drumming on the table, I don't think it mattered, just got people a bit energized..
"chosen one" chose a catagory like 'automobiles" and in turn around the table each player had to name an automobile, first one stumped drank.
You could make stuff up if you were stumped. If challanged and you couldn't talk you way out of your "made up", you drank, if you were successful, the challanger drank.
The stumpee became the next chosen one.
You could choose obscure catagories, but you could then be challanged immediately to name one for each player at the table.
I think there was a 3-5 second time limit to name your catagory. It was more than a few years ago.
There may have been an additionnal penalty it you lost in your own catagory.

diebitter 10-18-2005 07:28 AM

Yah, I used to play this one or similar. You'd all tap out a steady rhythm on the table and chant together. And it was something like:

ALL chant: "Who put the cookie in the cookie pot jar"
(and 1 nominated person would shout a name just before this, say 'Joe')
ALL: "JOE! put the cookie in the cookie pot jar"
Joe: "Who me?"
All: "Yes You!"
JOE: "Couldna be!"
ALL: "Then who?"
JOE: "FRED put the cookie in the cookie pot jar"
and start at the top again with..."who put..."

The only restriction is you can't pick the person who just picked you.

It sounds lame, but if you flub on the name (and you wouldn't believe how much this happens), you have to finish your drink right there.

GuyOnTilt 10-18-2005 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
catagories.
I recall some sort of rythmic hand drumming on the table, I don't think it mattered, just got people a bit energized..
"chosen one" chose a catagory like 'automobiles" and in turn around the table each player had to name an automobile, first one stumped drank.
You could make stuff up if you were stumped. If challanged and you couldn't talk you way out of your "made up", you drank, if you were successful, the challanger drank.
The stumpee became the next chosen one.
You could choose obscure catagories, but you could then be challanged immediately to name one for each player at the table.
I think there was a 3-5 second time limit to name your catagory. It was more than a few years ago.
There may have been an additionnal penalty it you lost in your own catagory.

[/ QUOTE ]
We play this as a game within a game. It's like Mushroom and this combined kind of with minigames. Deck of cards spread facedown around a bottle and you take turns picking a card and stacking it with two corners off (exactly like Mushroom but without any guessing required). Each card value has a category and after the card is stacked the game is played.

A - Social : Everybody drinks two.
K - Category : The game you described. First one to lose takes two drinks.
Q - Question : Stacker asks a question while looking at someone else. They have to respond with another question whiel looking at someone else. And on it goes until someone can't come up with an unused question in rhythm and they drink two.
J - Back : Last person takes two drinks.
T - Forward : Next person takes two drinks.
9 - Waterfall : Everybody starts drinking at the same time. The person who stacked the card can stop whenever they want and everybody else can't stop chugging until the person on their right has stopped. The last person gets [censored] obv.
8 - Pick a Mate : Pick someone to take two drinks with you.
7 - Give Seven : Dish out seven drinks however you want.
6 - Dicks : Guys drink two.
5 - Jive : The stacker starts out saying a rhymical phrase. Next in line has to save another phrase that rhymes and so on. No repeat last words. First one to not be able to think of one quickly and in rhythm has to drink two.
4 - Whores : Girls drink two.
3 - To me : Take three yourself.
2 - To you : Give two.

Probably not my favorite game, but it's fun.

GoT

steelcmg 10-18-2005 07:38 AM

We played alot of beerpong and [censored] in college. Except the one time we played [censored] we played with 151 and coke. And we are huge assholes its basically just chug ur beer/151 the whole game. Everyone was royally F'ed up that day.

webgator 10-18-2005 07:38 AM

My most favorite I remember was a board game named Passout. Pretty much every move you or an opponent made someone drank. Here's the description:

" This is a board game that can be found at Spencer's gifts or other such novelty stores. The game is played just like monolopy but with a certain heavy drinking twist.

The object of the game is to circle around the board and say and collect at least 10 pink elephant cards. In order to advance you must roll dice. Every space you land on is different (i.e. blue, yellow, red, or green take a drink, or all drink). Sometimes you might get sent to the bar and must roll doubles to exit. This game can be fast paced in which case you will get drunk quickly. There also are chance cards which tell others to drink, give up a pink elephant card, get out of bar, take a pink elephant card from any player. There are some blank ones which you and your buddies get to make up rules for.

The pink elephant cards have rhymes on them which you have to say correctly. You only get one chance. Collect ten and you win the game. Takes maybe an hour to play. This game was a great subsitute for [censored] or beer pong. Chicks love it.

HtotheNootch 10-18-2005 07:48 AM

Bar Golf
Aluminum Triathalon

Aces McGee 10-18-2005 09:39 AM

Not sure it's the most interesting, but my favorite in college was Beer Chess.

My friend built a board out of some plywood and regular bar coasters. It's chess, but instead of using playing pieces, you use beers.

I can't find the rules anymore, but there are certain types of beers that are supposed to represent each type of piece. We could never find all of them (most were pony bottles), so we'd usually get a 12 pack of Budweiser (for white), a 12 pack of MGD (for black), and then maybe an extra six pack for something else. We'd label the rooks, bishops, and knights using masking tape and a pen. For the kings and queens, we usually got some larger 24 oz. cans, often Schlitz Bull, both red and blue.

The rules are pretty simple:

Every time you move a piece, you drink from it. If you castle, drink from both the king and the rook.

Every time you lose a piece, you drink the whole thing.

If you lose the game, you must drink your king, your opponent's king, and all of your pieces that still remain on the board.

One memorable match lasted five moves.

-McGee