Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   i should have known this hand was gonna be trouble... HU 2/4 hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296949)

bholdr 07-20-2005 04:37 PM

i should have known this hand was gonna be trouble... HU 2/4 hand

Okay... i've taken this guy to the cleaners a couple of times, but he keeps coming back, and appears to have gotten a lot better since i hosed him last time. there is a lot of good 2/4 and 3/6 HU action on absolute lately. this one hurt a little...

The game was going pretty tight. i lost a couple of hands right off the bat where my two pair lost to a higher two pair, and have managed to aggressivly steal my way back even. I won't be playing this player again, since i feel that i ccan no longer beat him badly enough to make it worth my while and overcome the rake (which, in an aggressive HU stud game, takes about $10/half-hour off of the table). we've each been raising every time we have an ace on the door.

anyway:

Seven Card Normal $2/$4 [ 2005-07-20 05:27:10 ]
Seat 4 -$33.25 in chips
Seat 7 (hero)-$42.50 in chips
(we each started with $40- that rake hurts, eh?)

hero - Pocket [6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]], Bring-In $1
seat 4 - [H,H,A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] Raises $1 to $2
hero - Calls $1

*** 4TH STREET ***
seat 4- [H,H,A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
hero-[6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
seat 4- Bets $2
hero- Calls $2

just called trying to set up this- i am very confidant that he isn't on a spade draw:

*** 5TH STREET ***
seat 4- [H,H,A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
hero- [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
seat 4- Bets $4
hero- Raises $4 to $8
seat 4- Calls $4

I don't like that spade, but i'm still sure i'm ahead. i'm thinking to myself 'this is the hand where i break him'... hopefully he thinks i'm going low and is calling with a middle pair or something...

*** 6TH STREET ***
seat 4-[H,H,A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
hero- [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
seat 4- Checks
hero- Bets $4
seat 4- Calls $4

okay, i'm sure he doesn't have the spades.

*** RIVER ***
seat 4-[H,H,A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],H]
hero- [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
seat 4- checks
hero- Bets $4
seat 4- Calls $4

i bet it for value and i lose to a rivered flush. DAMMIT. do you think i shot myself in the foot with my little slowplay on third and fourth? 'never slowplay low rolled trips' has been a rule of mine in hi-lo, but this is HU... thoughts?

mscags 07-20-2005 05:38 PM

Re: i should have known this hand was gonna be trouble... HU 2/4 hand

How can he think you're going low on fifth if this is stud hi?

bholdr 07-20-2005 06:27 PM

he can't. dumbass. (<--me)

did i mention i miltitable?

luckily for me it doesn't really change the hand... what is he thinking on fifth, i wonder?

Roland 07-20-2005 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is he thinking on fifth, i wonder?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing.
He should have folded on 5th (and raised the river btw).

You played it just fine. If you have been re-raising him on 3rd a lot with medium pairs and the like I could see doing it with this hand too; that way, you can extract the maximum. You could also raise on 4th to confuse him I guess. Whatever.
You might be right when you say it isn’t worth while playing this guy heads-up, but you should be able to take some $$$ off him nevertheless.

bholdr 07-20-2005 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You might be right when you say it isn’t worth while playing this guy heads-up, but you should be able to take some $$$ off him nevertheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's the damn rake that makes me want to wait for softer opponents. I am up over $150 off of this guy, but every time i sit with him, he plays noticably better.

the session previous to this one we both brought $80 to the tbale- i finished the hour long session with about $74, and he had about $60 left. yeowch. i would like to see sites reduce the rake signifigantly for SH and HU play, say, a .25c max per hand... especially for stud.

Roland 07-20-2005 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would like to see sites reduce the rake signifigantly for SH and HU play, say, a .25c max per hand... especially for stud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Paradise has a $.50 rake for heads-up, but they only take the full $.50 if the pot gets bigger than $40. I don’t play HU, but that can’t happen all that often, right?