Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Opponent caught sneeking a peek what supposed to happen now? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364385)

arod15 10-24-2005 02:19 PM

Opponent caught sneeking a peek what supposed to happen now?

Just curious as to what the offical rule is.
Last week while at the foxwoods this situation occured.
After I had folded my hand, the opponent to my left showed me his hand as he was about to muck.

What we didnt know was that the player to his left purposly looked over his shoulder and saw the cards.
When asked he at first denied it altogther, but after badgering by the dealer he admitted seeing the cards.
The dealer than warned him and showed the table the mucked cards.

At first I did not care what happened but the more I think about it the more I believe further action should have taken place.

Thoughts? Let's discuss...

Thanks in advance

BottlesOf 10-24-2005 02:21 PM

Re: Opponent caught sneeking a peek what supposed to happen now?

Nah the warning sounds good. The guy who folded should be told to protect his hand better, even when mucking.

10-24-2005 02:27 PM

Absolutely something more should have happened. the player who insisted on lifting up his cards to show you should have gotten kicked in the nuts.

Unfortunately this practice is common and no one seems to care to make any effort to stop it.

jba 10-24-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely something more should have happened. the player who insisted on lifting up his cards to show you should have gotten kicked in the nuts.

Unfortunately this practice is common and no one seems to care to make any effort to stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, I dont think it's a big deal. keep the fish having fun, I say.

arod15 10-24-2005 02:39 PM

I think what bothers me is he denied it first than admitted it....

arod15 10-24-2005 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree and I didnt even know the guy i always wonder why people do this...

BottlesOf 10-24-2005 02:59 PM

I can see why that would bother you, but I don't think it changes what the appropriate floor/dealer response is.

10-24-2005 02:59 PM

What bugs me even more is that the practice expands. It starts with a player showing his cards to another player on his right who has already folded, but pretty soon the guy is showing his cards to a player on the his left "because they were both folding anyway"

Also you get the players who show each other their cards when they fold, and then visibly react and whisper among each other as the turn comes out and they would have hit their draw.

BillsChips 10-24-2005 03:22 PM

The way I see it, the guy who showed you his cards was wrong, not the guy who peeked. "Show one, Show all" is the rule at Foxwoods. If you show your cards to another player at the table, you are required to show everyone.

boedeker 10-24-2005 03:22 PM

i feel like denying it at first is a natural reaction. to getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar.