Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Update on Life (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388278)

lehighguy 11-30-2005 11:15 AM

Update on Life

To those that read my earlier posts, I quit my job today. I don't think I had another choice, I was probably going to have a nervous breakdown today if I didn't. It felt like the worst day of my life.

However, I now feel like this is the best day of my life. I don't think I've ever been this happy in my entire life. Staying around another month would have been a horrible choice.

My current bankroll is about $20,000. I'm gonna take a shot at poker for awhile. If it gets below $10,000 I'll take get a job. In a month I'll be moving back to an apartment by school that is only $300/month, so I think I can keep expenses down.

I also applied to some game developement schools, and I want to thank the guy that sent me that link. I'll be sedning applications to game companies as well.

If there is one thing I've learned it's this:
LIVE IN THE MOMENT

Arnfinn Madsen 11-30-2005 11:23 AM

Re: Update on Life

Good luck!

Kurn, son of Mogh 11-30-2005 11:44 AM

Best of luck to you. Play well and stay off tilt.

One thing, though,

However, I now feel like this is the best day of my life. I don't think I've ever been this happy in my entire life.

You gotta do what makes you happy. However, for a guy who shows so much passion and commitment when discussing the political/philosophical issues, I have to think that there's a vocation out there for you if you decide that poker full time isn't right for you.

Just food for thought.

TStoneMBD 11-30-2005 12:06 PM

sorry to hijack:

i thought game developers made next to peanuts for the most part. is that true? even if it is being a game developer is definitely a cool job.

Ryan11 11-30-2005 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry to hijack:

i thought game developers made next to peanuts for the most part. is that true? even if it is being a game developer is definitely a cool job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you work like a dog and the pay is horrible. I wanted to do this until I looked deeper into it. You need to find a really good company to work for if you want to do it, most are horrible.

jcmack13 11-30-2005 12:53 PM

lehigh -

congrats. On a much smaller scale, i chose poker over a summer job this past summer and had hands down the best summer of my life. I regret nothing.

Life's too f--king short, man. I believe you'll be able to pull this off. Good luck.

sfer 11-30-2005 01:16 PM

Why didn't you wait until you got paid?

lehighguy 11-30-2005 01:19 PM

They will be sending me a check for everything up until today.

Sometimes, you have to live in the moment. I did what I knew was right in my soul. It was a losing battle, everytime I beat myself I lost. I let me win.

sfer 11-30-2005 01:47 PM

Good. I thought you were forfeiting all of your bonus.

Good luck and keep us updated.

lehighguy 11-30-2005 01:54 PM

Yeah I forfiet my bonus. I would have to work another 10 months to keep it.