Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hit my hand and fold when it comes? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381610)

11-19-2005 03:34 PM

Hit my hand and fold when it comes?

Ok I've got a hand for y'all. This is a middle-limit game and it's typical to loose as far as preflop raising; there's been alot of cold calling of pfr's as well.

I'm in BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Early guy opens with a raise and there are two callers MP and LP.

I call to close the betting.--first is that too loose? I plan on folding all but the best hands or a flush draw.

Flop:T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] rag [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check to PFRer he bets; one caller I call.

Turn is another [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I check, planning on going for the CR.

It's bet to PFR and the late caller raises. NOW WHAT??

The flop at this point is laying me about 4.5-1. I folded and the PFR folded. I feared both being beaten at this point with the obvious flush on the board in addition to a redraw from the Preflop raiser. So I figured myself to be in a raise/fold situation.
What do you all think about the entire hand and the Turn fold in particular?

La Brujita 11-19-2005 03:38 PM

Re: Hit my hand and fold when it comes?

You have the second nut flush and folded? Its horrible.

11-19-2005 03:42 PM

Flop edited---screwed that up too.

mscags 11-19-2005 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have the second nut flush and folded? Its horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOu absolutely must reraise here. Calling is alright even, MUCH better than folding.

La Brujita 11-19-2005 03:51 PM

You have the third nut flush and folded? Its horrible.

11-19-2005 04:07 PM

DONT FOLD. Seriously. call>raise>folding

11-19-2005 04:10 PM

I guess my line of thinking was:

1) What kind of hands would this guy cold call a preflop raise with?

2) What hands would he be willing to raise with? (on the turn given the board and action)

3) Which hands that fit 1&2 can I beat?

Based on this I figured 'not many' and folded given the pot and action. Is this LINE of reasoning jacked or is it a wrong decison based on decent reasoning?

My assumptions were: a PP would reraise preflop (TT or KK in particular)

2 pair was not a possible hand to be against.

Turn card helped this guy--how else could it help other than by the 3 flush on the board.

Bad assumptions? How would you approach this?

1800GAMBLER 11-19-2005 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I guess my line of thinking was:

1) What kind of hands would this guy cold call a preflop raise with?

2) What hands would he be willing to raise with? (on the turn given the board and action)

3) Which hands that fit 1&2 can I beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, no place for thinking on these boards only general statements of how high up your hand is in the hand rankings of poker.

La Brujita 11-19-2005 05:21 PM

You are correct my reply wasn't too helpful. I was multitasking.

The way you describe the game both the opener and callers could have a wide range of hands.

PFR would continue to bet with any of his most likely holdings, including overpair or AK as he doesn't want a fourth club to come free.

Cold caller still has a wide range, maybe he decides its time to speed up with a set, two pair or even one pair.

This is just a laydown you can't make without a read.

Whether to call or raise is an interesting question, online I raise as a general rule. Live not sure, maybe based on read.

11-19-2005 05:47 PM

I wanted to call/raise badly; One interesting possibility I did not consider was that the turn raiser had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Ko---I just made his good play into a great one by folding. I think you guys are right; I was assuming the worst and judging the cold call of the pfr to mean more than it actually did. I personally don't do that much cold calling at all so I assumed the hand seleciton of the turn raiser too narrowly as well.