Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   EZ Pass for NYS (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355235)

meleader2 10-11-2005 11:15 AM

EZ Pass for NYS

anyone have one of these? if so, if you have a plan besides the "STANDARD" plan and want to go through a different toll (say your plan was for Grand Island bridge, and wanted to goto rochester) can you use the EZ Pass for this?

pokerdirty 10-11-2005 11:16 AM

Re: EZ Pass for NYS

google is your friend

meleader2 10-11-2005 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
google is your friend

[/ QUOTE ]

i know it is my friend. i've already used it, though, i appreciate your attempt to help me. how the hell else would i know the plan names if i hadn't already been to the website...

Paluka 10-11-2005 11:20 AM

EZPass is to your car like Tivo is to your television. I'm saying that it kicks ass.

NJchick 10-11-2005 11:40 AM

I've had an EZPass since 1997.

Never had a problem with it either. Best creation for dealing with all those annoying traffic jam ups at the cash only toll booths. Especially when driving up and down the GSP to AC (high speed tolls).

Slow Play Ray 10-11-2005 11:41 AM

i have one and i live in MA. wonderful little device, and free unlike the stupid fast lane MA offers.

JordanIB 10-11-2005 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone have one of these? if so, if you have a plan besides the "STANDARD" plan and want to go through a different toll (say your plan was for Grand Island bridge, and wanted to goto rochester) can you use the EZ Pass for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the answer, but I would assume you can. At worst they'd just charge your account for it and you'd have to pay off the balance, no?

Just get it and ask questions later. I'm still amazed at how many folks don't have EZ pass. I don't even own a car and I have one. Even paying the $1/month fee (another topic for another day: What an f'in rip off that is) is worth it for me to save the time I save on my 4-5 car rentals during the year.

meleader2 10-11-2005 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the answer, but I would assume you can. At worst they'd just charge your account for it and you'd have to pay off the balance, no?

Just get it and ask questions later. I'm still amazed at how many folks don't have EZ pass. I don't even own a car and I have one. Even paying the $1/month fee (another topic for another day: What an f'in rip off that is) is worth it for me to save the time I save on my 4-5 car rentals during the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha vn. yeah i saw the 1$ monthly fee at the "i agree" screen. [censored] rake.

correia 10-11-2005 03:47 PM

I have the Ezpass standard plan and it works everywhere in the Tri-state area. You also get a discount going into NY from Jersey. For example, I think you pay $4 for using the Lincoln Tunnel intead of $6.

JonPKibble 10-11-2005 04:04 PM

The eastbound hudson river toll is really a "Jersey Departure Fee".